Lessons You Have Learnt In Life...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, May 24, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

This touched a nerve..felt bit emotional reading this..we cannot allow some random person to shatter our confidence.Will keep this in mind.Thank you

drdiva, shreepriya and abc00 like this.
  2. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Lol ! So funny but true.

SCA, drdiva and anika987 like this.
  3. Tryinghard2013

Tryinghard2013 Silver IL'ite

Golden words from all you guys! Learnt so much! I agree with the money part. When u don’t work, in addition to limited splurging, we do face a lot of issues from husband as well. In how they treat us etc. I have a busy job and young kids and was thinking of taking a break. But reading this thread, I have second thoughts....

anika987 likes this.
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful post dear @anika987
    Life has taught me many things.

1. Never ever put yourself down, respect yourself.

2. Self love and care is important and it is not selfish.

3. Make a hobby and spend at least 5 mins in a day for yourself.

4. Learn to say NO.

5. Do not get carried away with the words, 'supermom' and don't be available always for others.

6. Let bygones be bygones, forgive and forget all those who meant bad, life is short and unpredictable.

7. Be a good person, but dont keep proving it.

8. Everyday smile a while, spend some time with nature and family.

9. If monthly periods are painful, be open about that with your spouse and take rest on those days.

10. Your spouse is your friend and he is not a god, discuss things with him and take his help.

11. Help people when needed without expecting anything in return.

Time wont be pleasant at all the times, inspite of that every day look for a reason to be great full.

Love and hugs to you @anika987
    Nandu

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear, it depends on your situation and personal relationship with family members.Thread is helpful but also analyze if the advice works for your situation.Health is most important.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

5 and 11...great points!

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Awesome post

Facts of life which I learnt in my 77 yrs experience
    Any RELATIONSHIP is possible only when two egos are dropped. Otherwise four persons are involved – Two real & Two imaginary
    So, Let Go of you Ego …. Whenever you are wrong – Admit it and whenever you are right – Keep Quiet. This will surely keep the relationships strong. And like needles of a clock, strong relationships always remain connected even when they meet on few occasions.
    Dont understand with some we become close very fast but with some even after ages we cant be close
    Children and elders need our valuable time , children till the age of 5 years and elders after sixty. When children grow up they dont need so much and especially now a days children grow fast and they teach us better than what we learnt from our experience. Elders need us more when they become old and we should spend valuable time with them when they are there so that we dont repent later when they are not there
    Someone said in a discourse that since parents leave their children in creshe when they are kids so when the parents grow old kids leave them in old age homes
    Life is the most difficult exam . Many people fail because they try to copy others,Not realizing that everyone has a different question paper

SCA, anika987, sonal1611 and 5 others like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

9. Nobody is worth losing yourself over.

10. Never skip a meal, regardless of who is there or not. Cook for yourself alone if you have to but eat that meal. Grandma in law taught me this. The financial advice earlier also was from her!

9. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I learnt this too dear @Laks09... Used to skip my cup of chai because i had no company, later started to prepare my chai and enjoying my company with a book.....
    It feels refreshed....

Laks09, anika987 and abc00 like this.
  10. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Wonderful thread @anika987 .

Things I learnt.
    1. Time flies so fast. Cherish every single memory, small or big in your life. Show your love and appreciation to people, never take anyone for granted.
    2. To spend less time obsessing over any professional issues/success and instead focus more on my family. Am replaceable at work but not for my family, esp kids.
    3. Its never too late to do anything, I believe its always Better late than Never. If I feel am too old now to start something and not do it, I would always regret not having done it couple of years from now.

WannabValerie likes this.