1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Lemon Cream Overnight Oats Recipe

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by sankara1, May 20, 2021.

1. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

Eat this Lemon Cream Overnight Oats as-is or with some yummy toppings – either way, you will be looking forward to breakfast!

You can use any kind of milk you want in this, but I like oat milk because it has a creamier texture.

✅If you want to boost the protein and cut back on the tartness, stir ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite vanilla plant-based protein powder. If you use protein powder, stir it in just before serving. You might have to add a little more milk so it doesn’t get dry.

LEMON CREAM OVERNIGHT OATS

(Makes 2 servings)[​IMG]

Oats:

• 1 cup (80 grams) old fashioned oats (gluten-free, if possible)

• 2 tbsp chia seeds

• Juice of half a lemon

• 1 tsp vanilla extract

• 1½ cups (355 ml) unsweetened oat milk (or other milk of choice)

• 2 tablespoons maple syrup

Optional toppings:

• ½ to 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

• ½ oz. (15 grams) chopped nuts (I use chopped almonds)

• Toasted coconut flakes

Place all the oats ingredients in a large mason jar and cover tightly. Shake it to mix the ingredients, and store it in the refrigerator overnight.

In the morning, shake the jar again and divide the oats between two bowls. Stir in the optional protein powder (and milk if needed). Add optional toppings and enjoy!

Tubinbataye likes this.

2. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

I'm a fan of overnight oats recipe, the gooey texture and the fresh toppings, with dash of honey are my go to breakfast during those school runs and hectic commuting office days!

sankara1 likes this.
  3. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

Yes! I find it amazing that you don't have to cook them like you would fresh.