Lecturer Job Qualification

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by hemlatan, May 7, 2009.

1. hemlatan

hemlatan New IL'ite

Hi.. I m Hemlata..
    I m a software professional.. and I m in this field from last 8 years..
    now due to my family responsibilities I want to swich to the teaching profession.. probably in lecturer job.

I m BA in psychology and then have done 2 years diploma in computer.
    Now I m planning to go for a MBA in IT using Distance learning as full time is not possible for me.
    Please tell me is it possible to get a job as a lecturer in college after doing MBA in IT via distance learning in Maharashtra state in India.

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Hi Hema , if you are referring to private service then you can try for junior colleges (10+2) right now .
    if you are looking for a lecturer job in a degree college then you will need a PG + teaching experience

3. hemlatan

hemlatan New IL'ite

Hi.. Thanks for the reply...
    Please tell me if I can get a lecturer job in a college if I do MBA in 'IT' stream via distance learning. As I dont have a PG degree right now.. that's why I m planning to go for MBA [IT].
    And please also tell me if I can get a job in a Junior college based on my current education [BA and Diploma in Computers].

4. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

yes Hema , your present qualification is sufficient for a Junior College Lectureship and
    you can also get a lecturer job in a Degree College after you complete MBA (IT) . Just
    try to improve self confidence and improve your teaching skills (& communication skills) :)

5. hemlatan

hemlatan New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Ragini.... Now I'll try....
    In which stream I should try in Junior College?

6. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

^ it depends on your interest and the vacancy available . As you had been a sw professional ,
    you might prefer computer related subject in which you have the skills and interest . And you
    can easily revise the computer basics & pickup the new content to practice the teaching .

if the computer related subject is not available then it could be any subject which is easy for you .

7. hemlatan

hemlatan New IL'ite

Thank you Raagini...:thumbsup