1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lead your life similar to a dictionary providing meaning to only those who refer you

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 5, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Smaller things upset more in life than bigger ones. You can be on the top of the mountain but you cant be on the top of a needle . Thats life

The above quote is so true. Sometimes small things upset more than bigger things. I am one of them who worry about small things sometimes especially in present times, might be because I am getting old. When someone comes home and goes later I will worry whether I attended properly to them or not whether I gave them everything to eat etc. etc. Yesterday it was my son's birthday plus Wedding Anniversary. Both had to go to office so they were not sure what time they will be coming. I made Pongal and Rava Kesari thinking they might come suddenly before going to office but they could not come as they had to go urgently to office. Evening I had to go to the Doctor and later we had to go to the temple being Monday. First my son told he will come in the night then. Then suddenly in the afternoon after he had lunch he said he is coming home. Since they already had lunch they did not want to have anything. My son and dil both dont eat much of sweet so they said just to give water and to make me happy my dil had little of Rava Kesari. After taking our blessings they went as they had to go for a movie.After they went I was thinking might be if I had offered Pongal they would have had , when I phoned and told my son oh I should have asked whether you will have pongal for which he said why you are worrying about that if I wanted to have I would have asked you myself. He said simply you worry about small matters.

Here also in IL I worry about small things like why I have not got fb , whether my writing is not good etc. etc.

When nails grow long, we cut nails, not fingers. Similarly, when misunderstanding grow up, cut your ego not your relationship.

Yesterday one close relative's son told me something and I felt hurt. I wanted to do something for which he said he will take care and not to feel bad about it. Dont know whether my ego thinking that when I am elder to him why he is not listening or his ego that now he is grown up and he can take care of everything made him tell that he will manage. When we grow old even small things told by youngsters hurt us.

Now a days children when they grow up understand everything, become responsible and they can manage any function. For them google is there to help them out. They need not depend on anyone for anything. When we were young we had to depend on elders for everything and elders also never used to allow us to take any responsibiltiy saying we are still young. Even when their children get married they treat them as a child. But now a days parents treat their children as friends and make them a responsbile person from teenage only. Only in some cases like in our house whatever decision my husband takes is the final. The children dont go against it.

Now a days children learn everything from the time they are kids. They know to operate the computer and they will teach their grandparents. My daughter was saying that her daughter when she wants she will say she is grown up and knows everything and at the same time sometimes she will say I am still a kid how I will know. They know when to say what and act accordingly. We have to learn the tactics of bringing up the children.

A true caring relation does not require a large talk. a soft message is enough its not the mouth that speaks its the heart that feels

4 people like this.

2. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

Re: Lead your life similar to a dictionary providing meaning to only those who refer

o this z so true :) luvd d quotes
    gud to read such a warm post aftre quite sometime...

2 people like this.
  3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

Re: Lead your life similar to a dictionary providing meaning to only those who refer

nice post mam.. i love those quotes :)

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Curious dear welcome to my snippet and thanks for the first like and first fb . You made my day with your sweet message.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anjana dear, glad you liked the post and quotes

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very nice post Vijima. Thanks for sharing. I liked the quotes too.

While I still am worried like hell
    Just like I was all along till now,
    They say to me now that all is well
    And tell me that I should rest now.

They assure me that they can now
    Take care of those little things, so
    I can think about something else now.
    Alas! I have nothing else so,

I keep worrying about them just
    As I used to be, can't help it.
    Thats one I can be at my best.
    Nobody can match me in it.

Though I may not help them like
    The way I did earlier in my life,
    I'll pray for their good day and night
    My God will surely light their lives.

What they long for, let them get
    Knowing the value of it too.
    What they are facing now, let that
    Reduce and vanish soon.

All I need is just a call
    I'll be there next minute.
    For them, I will never stall.
    Till I am down or finished.

1 person likes this.
  7. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Loved the snippet a lot Vijima and it is true that now a days kids learn a lot now.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks RGS dear for the lovely poem and glad you liked the snippet and quotes. Glad to see you here

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know Uma dear that you liked the snippet , thanks for your visit

10. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty,
    A nice title.......that made me think for sometime .......would be pondering it for a couple of days at least......:)
    Loved the way you brought the quote into the day to day situation ......sometimes , if the dictionary is not preferred, the loss is not for the dictionary........:cheers
    Thanks for the thought provoking post aunty.......:)

1 person likes this.