1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lead India

Discussion in 'TV' started by Shanvy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I don't watch serials...last month while channel surfing, saw this program on star utsav on saturday at 8.00...it is good..comparatively...

Though I hear there are controversies about the selection,the finalists..my kids are hooked..and the three of us have amazing discussions afterwards and in between that we watch the re -telecast.....and to be honest, it gives an insight into the thought process of my kids....

And the icing is the ad tum chalo tho hindustan chale... the song and the kids really touch a chord in each of us...

the judges - kiran bedi, javed akthar, and 3 others...

anybody else watching...the program...

2. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Yes, shanthi,

I too used to see this program and like u i too jumped on this when surfing the channels fed up with the serials. By then the program had already reached its semifinals. But as u said the ad touched and when I came to know it was done by Prasoon Joshi I said s it could be himonly who could think of such simple but brilliant ad.
    As i joined late in the show I would surely like to see the telecast again or another such program with other youths involved probably at all levels(say pre teens, teens, just money earners, settlers) and then one can know the different thinking process of each age or how it changes as per age.
    Anyway, the program was very good and I did praise RK Mishra who finally won. But whenever it came to secularism or Hinduisim, i felt Javed Akhtar or even the people in audience were very vocal of secularism or riots in gujarat, but no one to support Hinduism or reasons for gujarat riots.
    Swati

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

swati,

thanks for your comments...

Towards the end, the programme looked too artificial and rigged. did not like the celebrity guests coming in and judging too superficially. yes the concept is good, but somewhere down the episodes, the josh was gone..

i was seeing this only for the lead ad..yes it is too brilliant a concept that needs to be aired for kids to watch.....

Javed, kiranbedi sometimes, there judging was out of focus..not what we could expect them to...they same with the resident psychiatrist...