latest news.that could be vital while property buying......

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

last month one of my ilite friends approached me about a plot that she wanted to buy in the chitlapakkam, hastinapuram area and when i started checking out i came upon lot of contradicting news and also real worrying things that was in the air..whether they were rumors or realities was something i did not know..

but i did tell her not to go ahead without proper details, and checks, as there were more and more people trying to offload the properties in these areas for very less prices..and so what is the news...

the last week has been buzzing with the news on the reasons..

the archaelogical survey of india (ASI) has given some notification for re-examination of the housing in these areas..and also has placed restrictions.

the areas.. Tambaram Taluk of Kancheepuram district., including Nanmangalam, Sembakkam, Tirusulam, Tiruneermalai, Ottiyambakkam, Perumbakkam, Perungalathur and Sembakkam

more on this is available here..
    The Hindu : FEATURES / DOWN TOWN : Re-examine regulations around Megalithic sites, ASI told
    The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Official note leaves residents worried

P.S..the rumors were some said there were gold mines underneath, while some said it was granite..and i do not know what it is..but there is a desperation in the people around here, to know more, as these areas are concentrated with the middle class people who have just got their dream home with a huge housing loan and high interest rate.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: latest news.that could be vital....

Just back from one of the panchayats, and the new is that sembakkam, heritage prop's vijayendra nagar could be hit badly..

a rough estimate that i got, though i am not sure if it is accurate as none of the panchayats or local board want to disclose anything as these are vote banks which parties don't want to lose.

147 acres or + in sembakkam,
    8 acres in nanmangalam,
    42acres in zamin pallavaram area..and there is more..

3. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Shanthi,

The news would be disturbing to those who have invested in these areas.

But I am really happy that you are collecting valid info & keeping the ILites well informed so that they take proper care while finalising their dream properties.

You deserve more than just our appreciations. Good to know that you are always striving to help investors take right decisions.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

venkat,

Many more happy returns of the day.

I had posted this news only after getting clarification of the authenticity from few of the people who deal with these sro's. but the distubring news is no body is willing to give you a correct detail of the survey numbers apart from some people in sembakkam, ward 11,12,13 of pallavaram who have got the letters.

According to the Asi site, that is the archaelogical survey of india, there is a clear identification of the category of what is what in the area, and there is a mention of the areas, though no proper demarcation is mentioned.

I am told, that the whole process will be stalled till the election is over and the other news is there are still registrations, quoting that some of the survey numbers are no where related..there is a desperate sale in zamin pallavaram area, towards the 100ft road..

I am happy if i have really made somebody think twice before taking the step in investing in these areas right now..

well knowledge is to shared venkat, thanks for the appreciation, it does mean a lot.

5. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Please update here if you get more information about this because we have a residence in zamin pallavaram...

It's really scares like anything...

Thanks in advance

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

redapple,

this is still only a news that i got from somebody. we are only hoping it could be a rumor about platinum/granite or gold because if it was mining, i am sure the whole of south chennai will be down..because mining cannot be just in that small area.

i strongly believe it is more to do with the ASI sites, and there are a few areas mentioned in the asi website, only thing is there will be a restriction on construction, and the obtaining of no objection certificates for construction.

Will definitely keep this thread updated if i get some news..and i wish you don't press the panic button yet...let us pray, that the dreams of lot of people not be squashed...

7. gopinath

gopinath Silver IL'ite

yes shanthi madam,

i also heard about that, in junior vigadan published on 13th also this article available "my friend red and told the same what you mentioned here

GOpinath:)

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

9. priyamayil

priyamayil New IL'ite

Hi...

Thanks for sharing information..I am currently staying in n united states,so i am not able to collect much information about this..I am having a house at nanmangalam, shri sathya sai nagar..Some people r telling that nanmangalam also got platinumn mines..May i know wheather this area s also got affected..

They mentioned 8 acres of landin nanmangalam got affected.. Could u please mention the names of those areas??

please help me

thanks and regards,

priyamayil

10. coolviji

coolviji New IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy, you are doing amazing job by giving very good information to people like me. I was planning to look for properties in that area as well because there prices are bit low compared to Velachery but you alerted me. Most of the brokers dont disclose these information.

Thanks,
    Viji