1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Laser Surgery

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by safa, May 24, 2006.

1. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi every body,

I am planning to do laser surgery for short sight during this vaccation.

Would like to know any one has done this.Have heard this treatment is available in Palakkadu and Coimbatore.

If any one know about this please share with me..Hope things won't be worse than before..

Similar Threads
    1. SSDV
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. diyadevi
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. hydgrr
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

No need to worry!

Dear Safa,

My husband got laser surgery done to both his eyes 3 years back. He got it done here in malaysia. HIs eye sight is very NORMAL now. He can see like with any other person without any vision problems. Even in india, there are many good opthalmogists offering laser surgery.

few points for ur info
    1. it is not very painful. There might be minor irritation.
    2. No admission to the hospital. This is usually done as an out-patient procedure.
    3. Recovery is quick enough. You may need a few days rest
    After surgery u may have to take certain precautions

<LI>Don't expose ur eyes to too much light for some days till they feel comfortable.
    <LI>You cannot swim for about six months.
    <LI>Eyes become a little more senstive to dust but nothing to worry as such.
    <LI>Don't rub ur eyes much.

The doctors will brief u about everything. You need not worry. Its a great relief for people having short sight. Safa, you can boldly go ahead. My husband has got a great moral boost after his laser surgery!

Good luck!

3. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re: Very True...

Hi

What Prathi has said is very true.......Lasic Laser is a boon for people having myopia........in chennai Agarwal and Shankar Netralaya are famous for doing this surgery........I have in fact seen the surgery done for my sis and the procedure as Prathi has pointed out is very simple........nothing to worry.......ALL THE BEST...

4. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks!

dear PRATHI and AGR,

A detailed reply, very soon! Thanks a lot ...
    I was little worried about this since everything we have to do within one month and had no idea about this..
    Thanks for your support and it would have great influence on me!

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  5. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Hi

Hi safa,

I am not sure whether I should write this and discourage you but just want to let you know some my friends experience.
    I have short sight and went to aggarwal to get my lenses few years back.There I met a lady who also had short sight and had dont laser operation.
    She said that she is doing it for second time and the first time it didnt help her out .
    After a year she again started getting problems.
    Also one of my friend have some complications (she too got operated in a good hospital ,I dont want to give out the name) after this operation and she still have problems.
    I know these are some rare cases ...

I have being using lens right from my school days and I dont have much problem.
    Why dont you try using lens and if you are not comfortable then go for this operation ??

Just want to share ....

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

there was this news for sometime now in the paper

in madurai also they do this wonderfully..my 60yr old friend had a fine sight untill death a few years ago...but the general study is the asian eyes is not suitable for surgery...and one of the grooms who had come for my daughter also suffered with this after the surgery though he was a leading soft ware engineer in a renown company....pl chek double before u go ahead...neither do i want to discourage but this is a fact and better verified.....regards sunkan

2 people like this.
  7. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

confused

dear Rogo and Sunkan,

Now i am confused...
    i have tried contact lenses and it was very difficult for me..my eyes were painful and appeared wet always when i started using lens.

it might be short sight causes headache and that's why i decided to go for laser treatment..

hope to hear more positive responses...

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear safa,
    not to worry double chek with anything that u do is what i meant....as asians have very thin cornea it is tough to use lazer over it ....so go to a good optician find out whether ur eyes suitable for this ....and then go ahead...i dont think any of us r doctors here...we r only conveying the precautions ...so go ahead and if the doc says ur eyes can withstand it ...good..atleast u will be rid of ur headacke and other ailments connected to this....good luck sunkan

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2006
  9. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

Dont worry Safa !!!

Yes ..Like Sunkan said ..we are not docs..
    So check out with a good doc and and act as per his advises.

Dont worry ...Your eyes will be alright soon...

10. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

Hey.. im sure ill add to your confusion...but wanted to share my experience with this. I have glasses since about 10 years now. I was always apprehensive when it came to laser operation back in India. After marriage when i came to USA last year, i checked with an eye doctor on whether I should go for laser surgey or not. She was not totally for it. She said that she is not against it but at the same time she did not recommend it. She said that it is known to be relatively safe but there are chances of infection or even burning of the cornea which can cause blindness. She said that no doctor takes full responsibility or gives 100% assurance of successful operation. So i got really scared and backed off!! I dont know what to say to you. Its a personal decision. Take your time. Do research. If u decide to go for surgery then do not compromise on doctor or money!
    Wish u best of luck
    Ridhima