1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lansinoh Breast Pump?

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by cutekid, Apr 23, 2010.

1. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Anyone used the Lansinoh Breast Pump?Please share your experience.Thanks!

2. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Some background:
    Bought the Lansinoh Double Electric in November 2009.
    Used it till January 2010.
    Currently using the Medela PISA (since January 2010).

I thought I had done extensive research before buying a breast pump, and a few reviews favorably compared the Lansinoh with the Medela Pump in Style. I remember reading a review that said that the Lansinoh was just a 'little' slower. I used my Lansinoh for about two months, and was pumping till my breasts ran dry. It used to take me over an HOUR to do so (and I did this about 4-5 times a day). Needless to say, I was not particularly happy with the time spent pumping (time when I could have caught up on some sleep considering I began using the Lansinoh about a week after my son was born).

For quite a while I thought I must have very poor milk supply with very slow let down. Hence I continued with my pumping schedule very diligently. However, once I got back to work, it became very difficult trying to find time to pump. I finally caved in a bought the Medela PISA. I was very skeptical on the decision since I didn't want to end up with a more expensive pump but still be stuck pumping so long (since I thought the problem was with my let down). Anyway, I am SO glad I bought the Medela PISA. I was able to completely drain my breasts in 10-15 minutes!!! I have been using the PISA for the last two and a half months, and am so much happier. I am able to continue giving my son breast milk; he is almost six months old now, and I am hoping to pump till he is one--I seriously doubt if I would have been able to pump with the Lansinoh while working.

Also, this is not really such a big deal, but the Lansinoh bottle markings get rubbed off pretty soon. And thats tough if you use the bottle markings as a guide to measure how much you have pumped (The Medela bottles have not had this problem).

In my opinion, the Lansinoh might be alright if you plan on being an occasional pumper; however if you plan to pump regularly and/or need to pump at work, then the Lansinoh might not be your best bet. While it is much cheaper than the Medela (almost a third of the price), having used the Lansinoh and the Medela, I can confidently say that you get what you pay for! I just wish I hadn't sunk money on the Lansinoh, and had gone with the Medela right from the beginning...