1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Language No Bar.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shivachoubey, Feb 5, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Moonlight,

Lots of hugs (for the tears). At the time of doing the act nothing comes to mind only after the deed is done that one realizes that at least in front of god one can stand proudly.

Thanks for reading my post and your precious tears are the greatest appreciation this post got. Have a great day ahead.

2. shivachoubey

Dear Pad,

Thanks for reading and appreciating the post. You are right about rekindling the light. Mine was running low when my neighbor gave me little salt and I judged her. But god bless the lady she rekindled my light again.

Have a great day ahead Pad.

3. shivachoubey

Dear Amma,

Thank you so much for your blessings. I am truly touched. You blessed me with an open heart, thank you once again.

Yes, annadhanam is the best dhanam. If we realize how lucky we are to get food and that too stomach full of food then we all will be happy with our lives. A full stomach is the greatest gift of god and it is the highest form of physical satisfaction.

Thanks for your blessings once again and may god bless you too.

4. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Very touching writeup shiva. You are great. I imagined, the lady with kid , who appeared in front of you, must be a God. Almighty God is present everywhere, even within you. You are such a lovely person, who will get all the blessing from God. :thumbsup

5. shivachoubey

Dear Susri,

Thanx so much for your appreciation. Never in my life will I forget that scene, that lady with a small child in her hand both standing under the blazing sun.

Yes you are right, god is present in any form. For me he gave me a visit in the form of that lady to test me. And because I guess I passed, he helped us in our time of need.

Have a great day ahead.

6. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva
    Your snippet of these particular incidents make me feel you a respectable person.Not everyone have the attitude of giving others when they themselves are passing through a sort of bad period.You had that with in you and God's goodwill is always with you.

7. shivachoubey

Dear Meenu,

Thanx for reading the post. So sweet of you to say such kind words for me. thank you so much. I don't know about others but I do try to do some good in my life.

Have a great day ahead.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Shiva, very well written and does speak a lot about you as a person - so intune with others. We walk around most days without even paying attention to the smile, the upturned lip or frowned brows of people.

This also reminded me of an incident we had while living in Turkey long ago. We went to visit a place in the interiors of the country, had no knowledge of the language and just knew the name of the place. When we stopped and asked a stranger (we were very very young then and I was naive enough to dress in traditional Churidars and looked very foreign ofcourse) he felt very bad that he could not explain to us in English. Instead of walking away after trying to tell something in Turkish, he took my DH by hand and walked with us for about 10mins, boarded the bus and took us to the place where we had to catch the connecting bus. We were very thankful to him and could only express so much. Reached the place and while taking the ride up the hill we met another person who spoke with us only with hand gestures explaining and making us look here and there and pointing things out - we would have missed all of that if he had not pointed it out. My husband was so happy to communicate the same way with the person and showed his appreciation. We just assumed that this person also understood that we didnot know Turkish and hence was speaking with gestures. We also took some pictures with him to thank him and imagine our surprise when after getting down we realised he really could not speak!! Even to this day we feel we communicated the best with him. It was the universal language of brotherhood and love.

9. shivachoubey

Dear SRama,

Thanx for reading and appreciating the post. I think good people are everywhere all we need to do is understand them. I am really touched by the gesture of the deaf man, god bless him. Really, we do not needs words to express ourselves.

Have a great day ahead.

10. smilyface

smilyface New IL'ite

Shiva
    Yours is a timely contribution at a time when a lot of people are out of jobs and frustrated.
    The timely act of kindness you extended to the mother of nine kids and
    the thoughtfullness of your neighbour are very reassuring. Thanks for sharing these experiences