1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lalbaugh Ganesha - The Richest Ganesha of the Lot

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Lalbaugh Ganeshji - The Richest of the Lot<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Times of India has a wonderful article on the Ganeshji of Lalbaugh,of people contributing expensive gifts to the big boss, after their wishes have been fullfilled.Here is the pic of the article. dated 23/9/07, page 6

[​IMG]

A couple has donated a 9 lakh braclet type which they have put on the TrunkThis couple came last year and wished for a son, which the got this year, and they brought the child and put him at Ganesha's feet to be blessed.And this 9 lakhs was the gift of gratitude.The last expensvie gift was a car worth 3 odd lakhs last year.

This year the organisers have become smart.Bow they have kept two seperate lines, one for the guys to have darshan of Ganeshji, and one for those who have a wish to ask of the big Boss.Because these wish guys,will be the cash guys next year.This year the offerings have been stupendous.9 kgs of Gold, 200 kgs of Silver, and lots of cash.People wanting houses, give a small golden house as offerning,those wanting cars, give a golden car,tiny one ( I am sure there are shops areound selling these items to the devotees).These offerings will be auctioned to the public,and pure gold will be applied to Ganesha next year.

Now this set me thinking .Is Lalbaugh Ganesha Greedy ?That if u promise to give him a bribe, he will grant yr wish,say a Child, and if u change yr mind later, he will kill the child?

I would like two couples to stand before the lord,as an experiment, for a child.One promises, and the other dosnt,and this is recorded publicly as proof, and next year we track them down,and check whether Ganesha gives only those who give him something in return.

How we cheapen God ? He gives us everything,and now we want more , and we want to bribe him, that u give us this, and we give u this in return ( The return gift by us is much much smaller that what he gives us).Why this Quid Pro ? He is our father, and we do not bribe our father.If the wish is for our good, it will be granted.If a 5 year old child asks his father to gift him a Mercedes on his birthday, of course it will not be listened to,bcs father knows it is of no use to the child.The same way, our duty is to ask of Ganeshaji, of what we wamt, and it is for him to grant or refuse,as he sees fit.And why cheapen Ganeshaji, by offering him a bribe.

And offering the gift, people are smart.After we get our wish granted, will we give the offering.This means they dont trust Ganesha, to give him in advance the offering, and waiting for the wish to be fullfilled next year.So Ganesha must first fullfill our wish, before we part with a fraction value of that to him.

the 9 lakh couple, take the value of their child at 9 lakhs ?Well Well.I rest my case,Ganeshji,Bhool Chook leni Deni.I was trying to defend u,as people think u will grant their wishes only when u are offered something in return.Dont grant me any wish ever, Dear friend,just be my friend,through thick and thin,I never come to see you, i never come to yr temples, i never bring my car to yr temple to be blessed.Because u are not only in the temple or mandal, you are in my heart,and whenever i need to talk to u about my problems, i just close my eyes, and u are there right in front of me, just u and me.

Thank u for being my friend,and I wish u will continue to bless us all thru the year.

Just Remembered a joke and though old, still cute,most of u may have heard about it.

A Man is drowning in the sea.He calls his favourite God shiva, to Save him, but silence.He calls all the Gods, but none comes to save.

At last, on the verge of drowning he suddenly remembers Lord Ganesha,and lo ! Ganesha comes in front of him, and keeps dancing and asks him what he wants.

The guy says, How can u dance, when i am drowning,pls save me,and stop the dancing.

Lord Ganesha smiles, and says, Last year i was drowning, and u guys were dancing,and now its vice versa,[​IMG]

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Nice one you have written. You are right god is everywhere and he is there always with us when we need him. But we cant change peoples beliefs. I have seen many who offers gold wont feed a hungry person. How sad it is?

regards
    Lakshmi

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,

How right u say that a person can offer gold to the lrod, but will not feed a poor man.

And god will be very happy, when u take care of the less fortunate,who is also his son.

Thanks and regards.kamal

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello kamalji

and just in case he
    ran away
    before i made a wish
    i clicked him freeze
    to store in files
    to make a wish
    come later...!
    gosh kamalji
    that joke..!
    or whatever
    is so true...
    ya smashing
    the ganesh idols
    too
    will he come a
    smashing...?

sathya

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Satya, so u froze him on the computer , eh.Good one.Bhagwan aapke muthi mein eh .

Joke was an old one, cute really.Regards.kamal