1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ladies who don't like cricket,what do you do when your hubby watches cricket??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rodrigues, Sep 29, 2012.

1. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

I thought i am the single who is against but now i feel i am not left all alone Thanks to Rodrigues for sharing this topic.

During the match i leave him and won't disturb him at all and do my work not

Since he needs his space and his liking is important to him

2. Rodrigues

Rodrigues Bronze IL'ite

I can relate to you,...so many ways to deal with cricket,thankyou!

3. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Looks like.. I am a little lucky here.. my H is not much of a cricket fan...

BUT.. BUT.. BUT.... worse than that....

"Action movies"..... all the dialogues that you ladies have to hear from your DH during cricket matches.. I get to hear the same while he is "INTO" the action movie.

4. shikhanitinjain

shikhanitinjain Senior IL'ite

he is watching match at this time also and is very tensed i know it from his body language you should be thankful he tells you he is going to watch a match mine just comes from office and doesnt spare a min to talk to me and searches for the remote................ you cant imagine how that feels

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I used to love cricket..then fell out of it for some reason.. after marriage..dh was one cricket crazy person, not only watching them, but he also plays matches..slowly we again started watching together..and it is always a love/hate affair

come ipl season poor DD is left out.. (maybe she will write in this thread some day..). DS plays cricket, and now have two men who are cricket crazy and dissect every move sometimes..

cricket is part of our house, that ceiling fans will be in odd shapes thanks to the bowling practice ds does at home.. one day i was wondering what was all those red spots on a newly painted wall.. i could not solve the mystery for many days until it dawned that was the bowling practice that son did on his bedroom wall..when i told dh, it is ok i will get it repainted was his answer.. everything maaf/forgiven for cricket.:rant:rant

We have teasing episodes..when ipl matches happen. DS gets ribbed by dh..
    and DS is a walking cricket encyclopedia.

there are days, every weekend is about cricket and i find them playing the same at 40-50degrees heat.:drowning:rotfl

falguni i hear you on those action movies.. i just sit with him for company with my hook and yarn, or my favorite novel.

I know rodrgiues, it was about the ones who don't love cricket..could not resist posting..

P.S. adding latest development: dh is outside the country..this happened last night
    hey S, do you think india will win this match on go to the semi..what is your gut feel..(on a isd that costs 15rs/minute) we are discussing cricket and yuvi's sixer..:bonk:bonk:spin

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A somewhat related post from the http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/174324-most-unromantic-thing-your-husband-6.html thread:

:)

7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

My husband was rushing through our evening chores one time and I was wondering what was with him, being all enthusiastic about chores and going to bed early. It was then that I learned he wanted to catch some sleep to wake at some ungodly hour to watch some damn match!!

I follow cricket, but not to a crazy extent!! And I watch only when India is playing. But my dad and husband, given a chance, I think they would even watch some random county matches, if telecast.

Sometimes, when I am rushing around and my husband would be glued to the phone or computer following scores, I will yell saying "indha cricket a oru 5 varusham ban panna ellam kudumbam um uruppadum" (if cricket is banned for 5 yrs, families will prosper), of course, it'll just be me yelling like a mad woman. He'll either just tune me out or he probably goes into a trance or something, I don't know!!

2 people like this.
  8. ss1586

ss1586 Bronze IL'ite

i jus do browsing when dh watches cricket.

9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

peartree,

what about all those old matches and the discussions, dissections that happen 24x7.. cricket mattum illa, those sports channel all together what say?? atleast there should be only telecast of games that are not getting any popularity or fame because of this cricket, football...