1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies from Vancouver - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Chitra78

Chitra78 New IL'ite

:biglaughMy name is Chitra.i am presently living in the beautiful garden city of Vancouver.I moved from Calgary the Stampede and Rocky mountain city.From snow to rain,from sunshine to gloominess.:).I felt very lonely and sad when i left my hometown Calgary.That's when i Found yy our website,My loneliness is slowly getting better,after i have started exploring ur website and also this beautiful province of Bc.

1 person likes this.
  2. swatiranade

swatiranade New IL'ite

Hi,
    myself is Swati Ranade.
    I am from Pune, Maharashtra.
    I am here with my husband and 2 kids - Vaidehi ( 5.9 yrs.) and Aarohi (4.4 yrs)

I will also like join you sharing thoughts,chatting and being with you all.
    Nice to join you friends .. :)
    Let's be in touch

3. swatiranade

swatiranade New IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    i m happy to know u r at Burnaby
    I also stay at Metrotown
    So we can meet .. !
    :):coffee :)

- Swati

4. swatiranade

swatiranade New IL'ite

hi Priya,
    waiting for reply
    :)

5. krishika

krishika New IL'ite

Hello all ladies
    Happy Newyear to all ! ! !

Im priya ,currently living in Toronto.Im from Coimbatore.We are planning to move to BC- Vancouver
    my husband is in phramcy field. I would like to know in which city/suburb most Tamil community ppl live / tamil stores area.......
    Just to come n do JOB hunt in that area [Pharmacy]
    It would be greatly appreciated if anyone of u could help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

6. Vanisri94

Vanisri94 New IL'ite

Hi, Banda

I am Vani srinivas from Kuwait. I am also from bangalore and telugu speaking. My husband is a physician. We are planning to come vancouver. We received file number, waiting for the PR. I want to be your friend. Please contact me. Have a good day.

Thank you
    vani

7. vyoth

vyoth New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am Malathi Ravishankar, planning for our ( my husband and 2 boys aged 11 & 7) first landing Vancouver in June 2011. I am a little bit worried, as I also intend to continue staying with my kids and my husband will join us may be after a year or two. I need all my fellow friends to help me in the following.

1. Good school for my boys
    2. Economical and good suburb for accommodation
    3. What would be your advise to bring with me initially

I am basically from Chennai, though we are currently residing in Dubai. I would be more than happy to have few friends, even before my landing.

My hands and heart are open for your friendship!!!!

Cheers
    Malathi

8. vyoth

vyoth New IL'ite

Hi,

This is Malathi Ravishankar, basically from Chennai and currently in Dubai, planning for my move to Vancouver in June 2011.

Googling around, I have been advised on Surrey for my schooling and acco.

I need some help in suggesting good schools and areas of living.

My kids are currently in Grade 6 & Grade 2 respectively. Though my DH will be ther for the first landing, I will continue to stay back with the kids. Ideas and suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Malathi

9. vyoth

vyoth New IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

This is Malathi here. We have finally landed in V'ver with our family. I would like to make friends with fellow ladies. I am from Chennai and currently looked up for a rental acco in Surrey.

Luv
    Malathi

10. SocalMommy

SocalMommy Senior IL'ite

Re: New to Vancouver

Hello, My name is Hajira. I live in the beautiful city of Richmond. I am living here for the past 10 months with my husband and two wonderful little children Aaliyah and Ayaan. Aaliyah is 5 and my son Ayaan is 3 years old. I've lived in southern California, USA, for the last 10 years and therefore the username SoCal Mommy.

I am originally from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. I have a BSc. B.Ed from India and an MS in Health Services Administration from California. I worked as a program analyst at a hospital for 6 years before moving to Richmond, Canada. Presently, I am a homemaker.

My hobbies include, sewing, crafting, baking, painting and hair-bow making. Very recently, I've also added blogging to my list of hobbies.

I stumbled upon Indus Ladies when I was googling for proper measurements for sewing a child's dress and I was hooked onto the sewing forum. Its a really nice community that makes one feel so much closer to home. I look forward to sharing my thoughts, ideas and creative projects here on Indus Ladies.

Cheers!
    Hajira