Ladies from China - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in China' started by chatkara_tasty, May 11, 2006.

1. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

Any one from China?

hi,
    This is heena frm china . is there any indian in china . i want to make friends .

pls tell me

heena

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006

2. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Hi Heena,

Nice to know you. I am from Malaysia. How is it to be in china? I had a few friends here who were from mainland china, chinese. They were in awe of indian dresses and music. Tell us more about life in china and lets wait if someone else from china joins us. enjoy being an ILite.

3. chatkara_tasty

HI PRATHI ,

Thanks for ur reply . it's nice to hear u . china is a nice place to live but still i miss my country . we hv indians friends here . how is malaysia ? how long u hv been to malaysia ? tell me something abt u ?

heena

4. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi again

Dear heena,

I have been in Malysia for almost 6 years now. It is a nice place but like how u said i do miss HOME. Keep hanging in here and homesickness will disappear. You can write something about urself in the thread Who am I. To know more about me, click the link below.
    About me

5. chatkara_tasty

dear prathi,

hi, how r u ? sorry i couldn't reply u coz i was a bit busy i will get bk to u very soon. keep in touch .
    take care
    love

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2006
  6. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi there

Hi Heena,

How are you? From your posts i found that u r intersted in learning new recipes. We have a recipes and cooking forum where u find many. Dont miss Mrs. Chithra Vishwanathan's forum. Here you can find variety of recipes from cakes to gravies. You can also ask her the recipes u want. We are all huge fans of her recipes.

Click here to have a look at all her delicious recipes. Take your time and browse through them.

Ask Chitvish

7. chatkara_tasty

dear prathi,
    hi how r u ? it's nice to hear u .keep writing . txs for ur information i 'll go throught this . yes i am realy very much fond of cooking and my all friends like my recipes too but my learn hunger never stops so i keep looking for new recipes .
    take care
    with love

8. shakila

shakila Junior IL'ite

I had a friend there as well

Hi Heena,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to hangout. I also have a friend in China. Her husband went to work in China as expat for a company and hence she went along with him. I will invite her to join this discussion. You also invite your current close friends in China to this discussion and slowly this "China Group" will grow.

Anyway, you have a lots to share with us! Everyone knows a lot about US, but very little about China. I have tons of questions about China which you can probably help illuminate

1. There is so much talk about China being the next super power and how everything is becoming better there. Is that true?
    2. How did you end up in China and what do you do there?
    3. My friend said that she couldn't find a job in China because of the preference each manager has for Chinese employees. Do you sense the same?
    4. Myself and my husband are currently thinking about the next place we would like to go for a 2-week vacation. Current thought is that we will go to Japan, which we can change to China if there are good places to see in China for two weeks. What would you suggest we do if we have 2 weeks in China?
    5. How is Chinese food in China. Is it the same as how we find in India?

I have tons more. Keep writing Heena.

Shakila

9. chatkara_tasty

hi shakila,
    txs for writing . and yes u r right this is a right web for surfing.
    i am realy waiting for somebody frm china to come and join this group coz of language problem it is realy difficult to find something here .

1-well as u asked abt china to be very frank i don'tknow much abt this but yes i must say this is realy an advanced country.

2-i am a house wife and my all day go around my family which i love to do.

3-ur friend is right .in china u can't move without knowing there language ,which is pretty tough to learn in all aspects (read , write speak). so it is realy a difficult job for a stranger to survive here .this is the reason all forigens company has there chinese employees they also work as an enterpreter

4- china is realy a big country and unfortuentaley i couldn't get chance to visit other places due to my hubby's busy schedule . there are some places/cities (like bejing great wall ) u can visit but i am realy not sure abt this .

5-regarding chinese food if u r vegeterian u will realy face a big problem but if u r not u can manage . and no it is not that food which we eat in india that is fusion of indo chinese but the typical chinese food is not that .like we eat chilly paneer in india but u won;t believe that these people don't even know that what is paneer
    and to be very frank i realy don't like thi sfood that much but if it is the question to manage for sometime u can .
    waiting for ur more qurrries
    take care
    with love

10. jayachitra

jayachitra New IL'ite

hi

Hi Heena
    I read with interest as you were mentioning the language problem in China. I must say that I am facing language problem here in Delhi. I am Malaysian living in Delhi with my husband who is from Delhi. Everyone here speaks HIndi and I have not mastered this language. Unfortunately not many here speak English :cry:. Even the really educated ones seem to be shy to speak English which makes it very difficult for me.

As for the Chinese, we have alot of them in Malaysia however even they are different from the Chinese in China even the food is very different. It is true if you are vegetarian it will be quite difficult to adapt.

Well I hope you do get to make more friends in China. Good Luck!

Jaya