1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies Are Quick To Act And React But To Repent And Regret Later....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Dec 10, 2020.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

In tamil there is a proverb, called Penn Buddhi Pinn Buddhi.
    It means Ladies are quick to act and react but to repent and regret later....

Is it true my dear friends?
    I agreed this is true.

Ladies are I mean we are easily trapped by love and affection.
    So easily we are flat to our husband, children, friends, lovers etc.,

The ladies who are very great and strong also sometimes trapped.
    I could give some examples for that.
    Our former Prime Minister Mrs.IndiraGandhi.(By her son Mr.Sanjay Gandhi)
    Our former chief minister Mrs.Jayalalitha. (By her friend Mrs.Sasikala)
    Chanda Kochhar the managing director and chief executive officer of ICICI Bank.(By her Husband)
    Leave all the above.
    In historical story BAHUBALI , the great Queen was trapped by her son.
    Many celebrities.

Why am I writing these?
    Yesterday tamil serial actress Chitra(Pandian stores) died commited by suicide.Everyone says she is strong lady. But she was trapped by her fiancee.

We lost many and many.
    How many parents are losing everything for their children and left alone.
    Sometimes I am getting fear even though I am having a safe life at present.
    Why is it happening like that?
    In what way we have to change ourselves?
    Is it wrong to love?
    Is it wrong to trust?

When i think about all the above really I am disturbed a little.
    Kindly clear me please.

Attached Files:

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Pinn buddh can also be interpreted as the one with a mind that spurs her to action after others after weighing all options have acted nd reacted impulsively.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

The meaning of the proverb actually is different. When you literally take it the meaning is what you have written but the real meaning is different and totally understandable.

Women actually think about the future and they actually plan it and advice either the husband or kids. That’s the real meaning of that proverb.

“Penn Buddhi” which is a woman using her mind and intelligence thinks ahead “Pinn - means ahead” and helps her family by avoiding any disaster or misfortune to happen. I find that is what we all women do and we see this trait in most of the women we see in family or society.

Yes, women are more emotionally attached but that is not related to the proverb. Bahubali is not a real story, it’s just for movie.

On the other hand suicides do happen in both genders, moreso in males than females which is sad but altogether not related to this proverb. I did hear about this particular actress which is sad. Many circumstances relate to these suicides.

I just wanted to clarify that this proverb is in no way degrading the women and it shouldn’t be taken literally. Don’t take my post otherwise, it’s just a clarification. I agree with the rest of your content.

பெண் புத்தி பின் புத்தி - இனிது

An interesting different version here. It’s in Tamil.

பெண் புத்தி பின் புத்தி

நெற்றிக்கண் எனும் ஞானக்கண், முதன்முதலில் பார்வதிதேவிக்குத்தான் இருந்ததாகப் புராணங்கள் கூறுகின்றன. பார்வதிதேவி சிவபெருமானுடன் சேர்ந்தபோது, தன் ஞானம் எனும் மூன்றாம் கண்ணை சிவபெருமானுக்குக் கொடுத்துவிட்டார் என்றும், சிவபெருமான் பார்வதிதேவியின் நெற்றிக் கண்ணை நினைவுகூரும் வகையில் செந்நிறத் திலகமிட்டார் என்றும் கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது. இதன் விளைவாகவே இன்றும் திருமணங்களில் மணப்பெண்ணுக்கு நெற்றியில் திலகம் இடப்படுகின்றது. அப்படி திலகம் பார்வதிதேவியின் நெற்றியில் இடப்படுவதற்கு முன், சிவபெருமான் தன்னை முழுமையாக பார்வதிதேவியின் கையில் கொடுத்துவிட்டார். இதை நினைவுகூறும் வகையில் இன்றும் திருமணங்களில் பெண்ணின் கையில் முக்கண்ணுடைய தேங்காய் கொடுக்கப்பட்டு திலகம் இடப்படுகின்றது. ஞானத்தை புத்தி என்றும் கூறுவர். ஞானமாகிய புத்தியை சிவபெருமானுக்கு பார்வதிதேவி தன் மூன்றாம் கண்ணாக அன்பின் வழியாகக் கொடுத்து, அவரின் பின்னால் சக்தியாகத் தாங்கி நிற்கின்றாள். அக்னி எனும் ஞானத்தை சிவபெருமானுக்குக் கொடுத்து அவரின் பின்னால் இருந்து புத்தியாக - சக்தியாக இருந்து செயல்படுகின்றார். இதுவே பெண்புத்தி பின்புத்தி என்று சொல்லப்படுகின்றது, பெண் சகோதரியாக இருந்தாலும் மனைவியாக இருந்தாலும், சக்தியைக் கொடுத்துப் பாதுகாக்கின்றாள். பெண் எனும் சகோதரி, முருகன் கை வேல் போன்று காப்பவள், மனைவி எனும் பெண் ஆனந்தம், கருணை, அன்பு எனும் நித்யானந்த நிலைக்கு நம்மை வழி நடத்துபவள்.

Google transliteration:
    Female intellect ( I don’t know how to translate the exact Tamil proverb- kind of difficult)

Legend has it that Parvati was the first to have a sage eye called Netrikkan. It is said that when Goddess Parvati joined Lord Shiva, she gave her third eye of enlightenment to Lord Shiva and Lord Shiva painted her forehead red to commemorate Goddess Parvati's eye. As a result, Tilak is still placed on the forehead of the bride at weddings today. Thus before Tilak was placed on Parvati's forehead, Lord Shiva had completely surrendered himself to Parvati. To commemorate this, Tilak is still given a three-eyed coconut in the hand of a woman at weddings. Wisdom is also called intellect. Goddess Parvati gives the enlightened mind to Lord Shiva through her third eye through love and stands as a force behind him. She gives the wisdom of Agni to Lord Shiva and acts as the intellect-power behind him. This is what is said to be the feminine backbone, whether the woman is a sister or a wife, giving and protecting power. The sister of the woman, who protects like the hand of Murugan, the woman who is the wife who leads us to the eternal state of bliss, compassion and love.

Thamizh: Tamil Proverbs and its true Meaning

umaakumar and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

I do not understand Tamil. Hence cannot understand the exact meaning of the saying. But I go by our translation.

Actions without foresight is 'impulsivity'. It is present in men and women and is not a gender specific attribute.

But, what I agree and understood over all these years out of my own experience is - "Emotion kills intelligence" When you are more into emotions and operate based on them, then you do act/say stuff which is poorly conceived, inappropriate and unnecessarily risky. Of course, the aftermath would be regret/repent and suicide denies that chance too.

One should master the art of operating from heart and mind in a balanced way and learn to bring-in both emotion and intelligence into actions. For example emotion compels us to 'love' but only mind will tell us where to stop and detach a person who, time and again proves to be undeserving and manipulative. Emotion says - no matter what, but only mind says - consequences does matter. Emotions allow us to go down the route which may not make sense but feels right whereas mind always searches for sense/reason/logic in what we do.

I have written some examples that randomly came to my mind. But, my whole point is one should find a good balance between following emotions and following mind. At times, they appear to be contradicting and operating through mind might seem selfish. Yet we must keep pursuing to find that balance. It's a process and continuous learning.

No, it is not wrong to love or trust. They are the most beautiful & essential elements in this whole creation after earth, water, fire, air, and space. They are the fundamental pillars upon which humans co-exist and multiply. Love and trust makes past, present and future so very bright and meaningful. We must love and trust and continue to do so as long as we live. But, we shouldn't be completely immersed in that so it will blind us from seeing practicality and 'whys & whats'. Life is peaceful when you find that spot between mind and heart.

hridhaya likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

,:hello:To suit changing times and modern times, Tamil pin is to be treated as English pin. Then meaning of this proverb would change. I mean safety pin. The job of this pin is to prick in good time so that holding is proper and stable . A girl constantly pricking erring lover or DH mostly results mending partner sooner or later or in a progressive manner.

We have heard many tough guys, devoid of love or and affection after marriage progressively turn over a new leaf. We have heard close relatives statement that boy is changed very much after marriage perhaps due to magic spell cast by the girl that he just wed.

So the adage to be modified and be uttered as
    “Penn Bhuddhi is Ponn Bhuddhi”

Meaning girls brain is pure gold mine .

So OP need to shed her worry on account of hackneyed expressions and its negative interpretations and continue to shower her love and affection to her Dear and Near.

Balajee likes this.
  6. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you.

7. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for all your replies.

8. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Men always listen what their head says, but women always listen what their heart says.

We are created in that way. Love, affection, kindness, forgiveness, adjustment, giving up naturally as a mother we have.

We can listen but we should be clear when to hear head and when to hear heart before taking any decision..
    Should not be blind.

We should be alert, and to be aware what is happening around us. Nothing cost.

Sometimes everything will be slipped away from our hands in front of our eyes though we are very careful. That may be our fate. Karma like that.

But we can't say like that for everything.

We should be very careful in choosing our friends, life partners since more freedom is given to us.

Thousand positive comments may be given, but if you come across one negative comment or feed back kindly we have to give importance for that. We have to analyze thoroughly.

Next we should be able to recognize who are our real well wishers.

The women mentioned by me are also genius, power & wealthy. We should remember that.

Thank you friends .

9. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

True!

10. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Interpretations galore..., here is mine !I strongly think that this is where another proverb comes...."விதி வழி மதி ".

Leave alone all this, we have seen at least few times, especially when things go wrong, analysing and as an after thought, don't we just wonder....why we didn't think of such an 'option/options'!

Though generally there is difference as mentioned above , it is a fact that females do sway towards the heart more than the head...but .......the result cannot be always regrettable.