Laddoo to increase breast milk just after delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rachna, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

hi ladies

my baby is 10 days old. pls share what u all r doing to increase milk. i hav heard abt laddoos given after delivery.can anyone share the recipe of these laddoo please?

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear rachna,

First of all, congragulating happy motherhood to you.:)
    To increase the milk, just boil few garlic in the milk and have it. ie, take a cup of milk put some (10 pieces) of garlic and boil it. when the milk level is reduced check whether the garlic is cooked. Then cool it and drink that milk.
    Also add drumstick leaves in your diet.
    Most important make baby to suck your breast often otherwise the milk wil be gradually reduced. The more the baby sucks the more is the milk production.
    be happy and enjoy your motherhood, do not get tension and worry.

1 person likes this.
  3. Simplicity11

Simplicity11 Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  4. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

thanks bhucat and simplicity for reply

pls tell me how many laddu to be taken in a day (size, grams)

5. Simplicity11

Simplicity11 Silver IL'ite

Make medium size and have one daily. If you make small size, you always have the option of eating 2 or 1 depending on your taste and requirement. Remember these are good to have after delivery as it gives strength and heat but they are at the same time fattening as well because of ghee and dry fruits, so you don't want to eat too many.
    Traditionally they used to put a lot of ghee and make big size but lately since we are all concious about weight, you can use lesser ghee and relatively smaller size. When I made for my friend, the first batch we made, we used enough ghee, in the second batch, we used lesser. So take a call. Also ask someone to help you in making these. Since you will need to stir the flour for quite sometime, it will be nice to ask a friend to help or take help from DH.
    Heartiest congratulations by the way :)

2 people like this.
  6. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

for my first baby i had loads of spinach and fish (shark esp ) and drank garlic with milk not had laddoo because more ghee or other ingredients will affect the babys digestion and also try to avoid mango , gooseberry anything sour fruits or veggies and also tamarind and other spices (cinnamon,bay leaves,chilly ) include little ginger in your food . Milk is really essential for the baby more milk more nutrients and flow of milk.

Good luck to your motherhood and enjoy it dear

1 person likes this.
  7. kunjol

kunjol New IL'ite

Congratulations!! Please do not eat laddoos and gain weight, esp its easier to gain wait at this time. Please eat green dal as much you can. Or please have "Fenugreek seed capsule", you will get that from a whole food store. Also please dont forget to drink a lot of fluids. Avoid, sweet juices, its also too much calories. I hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  8. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

There is a capsule available in INdia called "Lactare" its pink in color,herbal,made with fenugreek powder .It really helped me in getting good supply.
    Eat Lauki,garlic,oats,daliya,Gaund ke laddu with dry fruits,Khus khus ki kheer...almond kheer,Methi seeds soak in water and then make sabji,
    For Gaund ke laddu...Fry the gaund in ghee and grind other dry fruits and gaund...chop the onces which are chewy types...then mix with sugar powder and can pour in more ghee for binding.It tastes heavenly....

1 person likes this.