1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kutti Blog 8 Three Different Kinds of Love

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 9, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila,
    the credit should go to my master Dr.Arangarajan. Nampillai had used this incident to show what true devotion is. My Master exclaimed in Tamil in such a beautiful way that I had to struggle hard to hide my tears.
    I returned home with the material used the plain English wrapper to pack it and deliver it to you. I am happy to have discharged my duties as an efficient postman. Even that is His blessing.
    sridhar

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar
    I had read this story just a few months back I have a book named Krishna where all his stories can be read and this is one of them.
    But reading such stories again and again gives us pleasure and happiness.
    It is great reading it in your style.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,
    A nice blog on devotion.
    I haven't heard Sahadeva's Bhakthi in this matter of Sisubhala's incident.
    Here he becomes His protector, isn't it!

Correct me if I am wrong..are not all Kauravas perished in the war!

sriniketan

4. varalotti

Dear Radhi,

Our Vaishnavite scholars repeatedly quote this incident while explaining the Azhwar's paasurams to let us know what is real bakthi. Bakthi is love and wisdom in their most exalted form. And we see that in Sahadeva.

With Sahadeva we learnt the dos regarding Lord's love. And by the end of next week we'd learn the donts through another Mahabaratha character.
    stay tuned.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Hello Shobha,
    When your eyes become wet know that there is a faint reflection of Sahadeva's love in your heart as well. And that wetness is the best form of prayer, loved most by our Lord compared to the elaborate rituals prescribed in our religious texts.
    We are going to learn about another important character in our next Kutti Blog. Stay tuned.
    Thanks for dropping in.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Janani,
    When our minds are clear and when we can experience God's love in its purest form, we simply can't contain it. I tell you Janani, the equipment with which we have been created are not designed to withstand God's love.
    Assume the latest Benz 2.8 litre C-tec state of the art engine is mounted on an 1960 model fiat car. The car would learn helter skelter unable to withstand the power.

Rumis and Azhwars had the same experience. Nammazhwar was singing Thiruvaimozhi. He had finished twenty two paasurams in two chapters of 11 each. He started the third with the paasurm pathudai. He remembered Kannan being tied to a grinder stone by Yasodha. And Kannan stayed bound.
    Nammazhwar sang,
    எத்திறம் உரலினோடு இணைந்திருந்து ஏங்கிய எளிவே
    What is this simplicity, my Lord? How come you stayed bound to that stone?
    With this realisation he fainted. And remained unconscious for six months.
    God does not like violent love, Janani. He does not like violence even in love. But when that kind of love is fully realised and the body and mind can't cope up with that, well, to us unsuspecting, loveless bystanders it looks like violent love. In truth it is love, love and nothing but love.
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear EQ,
    thanks. This story is not just to be read. But to be read again and again, chewed, meditated, remembered, retold... This is something one has to live with to understand His love.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    thanks a lot. This incident is often quoted in commentaries to Divya Prabandam.

You are right. All kauravas perished in the war. Except of course Dridirasthra and Vidhura. These two people along with Kunthi and Gandhari adjourn to the forest and spend their last days in peace.
    In fact I wrote a short story about Gandhari's state of mind during her last days. That finds part in my short story collection Nee Ennudan Irunthaal.

regards,
    sridhar

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

some how I still have this question....whose love is true??? all 3 forms are their own ways of showing love...how can we decide which is the highest form?

I did read this story in mahabharatha where after the 100th accusing/abusive words against lord kirshna, sisupaala is being beheaded by lord krishnas vishnu chakram.

10. varalotti

I will make one more attempt to explain, Srividya. Let's say you prefer Tide to Rin. And you have your own reasons for your preference. And if somebody abuses Tide you will abuse Rin and sing the praises of Tide. Well you like Tide but that's not love. That was what Bheeshma did. As to Arjuna the love was only as that of a friend. That's not getting as intimate as that of of Sahadeva.

Now let's see Sahadeva. Now if your friend instead of talking ill of the washing powder Tide, talks ill of your child. Just imagine your reaction. You won't be intellectually arguing the merits of your child. You will instead slap your friend on her face and ask her to shut up. Now tell me which love is greater - your love for Tide or for your child?

Having answered that question now come to this question.
    Whose love is greater Sahadeva's or Bheeshma's or Arjuna's?
    love,
    sridhar