1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kutti Blog 7 - The Story Of Two Boons

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by varalotti, Apr 2, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Two Boons - A Story

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Defintely it is a refreshing change after such a heavy blog, still not able to comment on that.

The ways of the Lord is unique....and love match less. What else can be said....

3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,
    Its definitely a sweetener.

And i very much loved those lines. On reading these lines ,
    "தீயள் என்று நீ வெறுத்த என் தெய்வமும் மகனும் தாயும் தம்பியும் ஆம் வரம்” தருக "

i felt "Romba azhagana Sandham.

Thank you Uncle

4. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Yes of course, Love does miracle.
    You see, when God takes something from you it means only one thing. He is giving you something greater.
    how true is it. anthaa nambikayil dhaan namba life odarathu
    Love,
    Meenakshi

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very very light dose Sridhar...I also had heard about this incident..but wasn't this happened after Rama defeated Ravana...in the battlefield, where Devas were showering their blessings on Rama and Dasaratha appeared?

Kambar is always great...I am longing to read his words..thanks for sharing those lines..

Lord Rama did two other things too..like...one stone and two mangoes..not only He got back his mother Kaikeyi and brother..let His father soul free from the limbo state, isn't it!

sriniketan

6. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Ketka Ketka Thevittadha Theninbam Ramayanam.

I am an ardent devotee of Sri Rama. I do not know I am worthy enough to call me as His devotee. I admire Him not - as a great ruler, as a talented, as a handsome man, as a warrior. I admire Him as a great human being.

Whichever Perumal temple I visit, and when I happen to cross Ramar Sannidhi, I pause their for a while and would not pray to Him. I will ask a question to Him - How you were able to bear all the difficulties? How you were so compassionate and loved even the enemies? I would plead Him to pass on His qualities to me, which I admire them most. This is true.

Ramayanam is the epic which has all the essence of human qualities. Why the Lord has to descend and undergo all difficulties in that human form? Throughout His life the Lord stayed as a Human. Not even in one place He had shown His divinity.

The incident narrated by you is one such. Lord Rama right from His birth and till the end, had thought welfare of others around Him.

I am trying to share more - but no words, only tears.

Jai Sri Ram.

7. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Felt light in my heart reading it. I was not aware of this story in Ramayana, may be because like you said it is not there in the original valmiki ramayana. Your narrative was so good, the sequence of events just came to my mind. I could visualise the scene of Ram standing in the palace balcony and talking to Dasaratha. And the last sentence, when God takes away some thing from us, he gives something better only -How true, it is applicable not only for this story , but for every one.
    I liked Vanaja's comments about Lord Ram- Very poignant.

Radhi

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

I loved the bottom line of the story....I guess those words/lines should have been the heading of the story...

When god takes something from you....It means he is going to give something more...something better!!!

9. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

"You see, when God takes something from you it means only one thing. He is giving you something greater."

These lines made my day!!!
    Regards,
    Viji

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear bas,
    I knew I made you heavy with Sridhar's birthday. And specifically chose this to lighten the burden. For when this world becomes too heavy He is the only succour.
    You are right, the ways of the Lord are unique, and His love, matchless.
    thanks for dropping in.
    love,
    boost