1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kutti Blog 6 - The Homecoming!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 26, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear sridhar Sir,

actually visiting your kutti blog series for the first time and I totally enjoyed this one .Glad that there are bigger things and a better home awaiting the person who thinks of HIM.

love
    Mindi

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

You made me tongue tied rather finger tied too. No words to express HER love for us....you have made me cry thinking of HER love.....

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello Sridharji

A nice one! I could be totally wrong here but here is my interpretation anyway. I still feel the pious man is shallow in his thoughts. If I were to be in his position, I would probably compare myself to the Hollywood actor. I am not yet seasoned and so my thoughts will be along those lines. For a pious man, who was chosen to preach by GOD himself, such an incident should possibly have gone unnoticed if you ask me. Expect nothing is return is the highest level of achievement. The pious man seems to be on the same level as the Hollywood actor. What the pious man was doing and achieving is much more higher than the other person which fades with time (name, recognition etc). Or maybe this was the pious man's learning experience?? Sorry I am not sure myself now. Just thinking out loud.

5. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

I'll tell you something appa.
    I started working as a recruiter, today I am grown to heights and a full fledged Corp HR , I am priety much contented with what I am today.
    But there were days when as a recruiter, I used to start talks with a candidate, do all my ground work, at last, he used to be placed somewhere by someone else..and with big money of course, leave apart my consulting fee, I would be left with nothing even to pay my bills.
    Thats when is I used to grumble to my dad and you know what he told me.

"Kavi, look at the work that you are doing as a service and not as a job that would fetch you money, all this good deed of yours are going into your A/c of puniyam and that is being monitored by kitta..he know when to do what to do to you and believe me , when he does he would do it at his best for you".

This blog of yours reminded me of the above conversation that I had with my dad few years ago...

Is there anything that can match to kitta?????
    NOTHING, NOTHING at all.

Love,
    Kavi.

6. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

Very cute and loving thoughts on GOD's love towards us.

But I would go on the same lines as "knot2share" about the Pious Man. He being a spiritual person and been preaching about GOD for 40+ years, the comparision shouldnt have come at all.

He should have been detached from the worldly bonding and thinking of only GOD.

Or is it His Oldage making him to compare himself to that Actor ?

regards
    shobha

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice counselling for those who undergo many difficulties in this life, Sridhar.
    I go with K2S, in one point, why this 70 year old pious man think that way...if any by-stander or anyone who knew this pious soul thought this way..it would be more appropriate, or is this the play of Him, to teach us or console us through these thoughts to a pious man?

sriniketan

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear sridharji,

Nice kutti blog, with a feel good message, unlike the heavy dose of main blog. My views on the doubts raised by k2s and others.
    The old man's feelings only show that we are human, howmuch ever jnana and nishta one has acquired in this life, at some point of time, such frivolous thoughts may erupt in one's mind. Only difference between jnani and lesser mortals like us, is we crib and feel bad and go on telling this to many people, where as jnani recovers from the slip immediately. Also, it shows that, humans, per se, even if they are spiritually advanced , still crave for appreciation and acceptance.
    I am sure, you would come up with better convincing explanation. Just my two cents. Felt very happy reading it.

Radhi

9. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

When I started reading this kutti blog and was mid-way, I was expecting a huge dose in the end.

But the sudden ending was so subtle and simple. It brought an instant smile on my face. Thanks for posting this story.

It did not occur to me why the old man made the comparison...But after reading the feedbacks, I am curious as well to read your answer.

Love,
    Aruna

10. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

I agree with k2s. So the 40 years of God's work still has NOT removed the" I " from the man. He is no different from the Hollwood star and in my opinion he is perhaps worse and maybe thats why God loves him more.

Regards,
    Usha