1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Krishna, Nee begane baro (Krishna, Pls come early)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by ohara, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ohara

ohara Gold IL'ite

On account of Gokulashtami, I am remembering the birth of my kutti krishna.

It was more than a year ago. A little angel resided inside me, breathing & feeding through me. When it was time to see the world, he refused to come.
    I was happy that he felt so comfortable inside that he did not want to come out. Doctors came, nurses came, and then the embarrassing procedures. I was given a uniform and two plaits, my first since school.
    I had visitors everyday, all of them assuring me and pleading with the little one inside. "He is sleeping. Talk to him", the nurse said. I did but he continued to sleep. Everyday, for three days, I woke early and went to the labour room for procedures. The doctors loosened and lubricated his path , enticing him for an easy exit. He did not care.
    The third morning, I had had enough. "Baby", said I , "I want you to come now, You cannot sleep in there forever. Mama loves having you inside, but I long to hug you and watch you play now. I promise you lots of love, happiness and sunshine in your life and Never a dull moment. From ABCs to graduation, from playschool friend to Facebook friends, From cereals to fast food, from rattles to tennis racquets - Your life plays fast forward in my eyes.
    Granny and Grandpa, Daddy and Mama all have plans for you. Granny says she is going to discipline you, Grandpa says he is going to make you a doctor, Daddy wants you to be in sports. And Mama wants you to be an engineer. Is it our plans which makes you wanna stay inside. OK then, I pledge that our plans will remain ours and you can make yours. Go explore your life, meandering through paths of your choice, learning all the way and reach the horizon, happy and content with the gift of life. Will you please come now? " And come he did :)

Do you guys remember the birth of your child/children?

3 people like this.

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ohara,

Glad to read your kutty krishna's birth... You have penned down nicely....

How can one forget the birth of their children? Its a wonderful feeling which we cherish throughout a lifetime.
    Seeing your post my memories moved back to the time I gave birth to my little one. I should say that she came on time.

If its your first pregnancy people scare you with so many things. The doctor has advised me to come anytime when the labor starts. Hardly a day left for the due date and there were no symptoms of labor pain. I thought that its going to be a c-section and little unpleasant over that. But to my surprise the labor started in the mid night and next morning is the due date. Thanks to my MIL who advised to go once the pain becomes frequent. Did not sleep for the rest of the night and DH was by my side watching the frequency of contractions and searching baby names. Got ready and reached the hospital early in the morning and it was also a day of Ashtami. Little one just arrived in 3 hours :)

1 person likes this.
  3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Oh..It has been four Years since my Little Udupi Krishna came in to our Life...My EDD was May 17 and i was getting restless from May 1.(Dr told me that my LO is fully grown and he can make a Grand entry anytime). I was getting impatient and everyday Morning as soon as i wake up , i would ask my LO if this was the day he had chosen....Everyday my DH used to call and check if there were any labour Symptoms. Well he also started getting Impatient. he even used to call once in two hours to ask if there was some Symptoms. May be due to our repeated requests , my Jillu made a rocking entry on May 7 (10 days ahead of the Due date). He was/is adorable little Udupi Krishna(he specifically likes to addressed as Udupi Krishna rather than just Krishna :) )

1 person likes this.
  4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ohara
    That is lovely narration....

1 person likes this.