1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knock... Knock... - End

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Previously on "Knock Knock":-

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/blogs/ilovetulips/knock-knock-3357/

Now:-

Vasanthy jumped out of the bed on hearing the door knocking. Her hands started trembling not knowing what to do. She thought of trying to call the reception again. There is only one person in the reception always and that is the rude person. He is not there for a long time. He might have came back from wherever he is. Thinking that Vasanthy rushed towards the phone and called the reception. The phone rings and nobody picked up.

The knocking continues. Vasanthy made up her mind. Whatever it is she has to face it. She quickly opened her suitcase and collected the spicy sambar powder packet she brought from India. She took handful of the powder and walked towards the door. The knocking is fierce now and also whoever is knocking the door is also moving the door handle fierecely. Vasanhty decided to open the door and if its other than Niranjan she planned to throw the powder on the face and run away. She has saw movies where the gun man stands in the door step waiting for somebody to open. As soon as somebody opens the door, within nano secs he shoots them. So she thought its not good idea to stand in front and decided to rush behind the door.

Vasanthy stood her back pressing against the door, opened the door latch and let the door slide inside slowly. Even her heart beats made sure not to make any sound. Its was sure to her that Niranjan was not in the door step. He wouldnt have stood quietly there. Vasanthy prepared herself and planned how to throw the powder straight into his eyes. Last thing she has to make sure is, whether the person in the doorstep is the police or gunman. She stood there quietly. She then heard the person moving inside. Within seconds the man walked fast inside the room. Vasanthy couldnt believe her eyes. It is..... the gun man. He is now inside the room, very far from her to execute her sambar powder plan. And she couldnt come from behind the door without him noticing. The gunman was quickly scanning the room. Then he took the revolver out of his packet. Vasanthy now decided to take her step rather than losing her life. She rushed towards him. As soon he heard something behind he turned back. In no time Vasanthy threw the powder on his face. The gun man was not at all prepared for it. She couldnt make sure that his eyes got them. The gunman moved his hands to wipe his face. Vasanthy used this chance and quickly grabbed the revolver from his hands and pointed towards him.

The gunman was still rubbing his eyes and face. He shouted some words that Vasanthy didnt understand. She thought its best to run away from there instead of trying something stupid. At one point she realised that she shouldn't run too far because Niranjan might go to the room looking for her. So she thought of a good way to meet him near the taxi itself. She followed the "Car Park" signs because she remembered the taxi will drop people in a place that's near car park. She reached the drop point and looked for the Taxi. Now the car park is very near to her, she looked the second floor where the murder took place. She can't believe anything that had happened till now. Suddenly she realised the 2nd gun man might be here somewhere and she shouldnt not stand in someplace where somebody can spot her. So she went behind a pillar and stood there while she was waiting for the taxi. She looked around and saw a 4 wheeler truck, which looked odd amidst of the other cars. So she keenly watched it. She can clearly see a man lying in the truck and on looking very closely she doubted whether that is the man who has been murdered. She can even see the face clearly and that is ... that is ... the rude man from the hotel reception....

Vasanthy stood there for few minutes and was searching for the 2nd gun man and what is he doing. She felt a hand on her shoulders, jumped to her feet and turned back. Niranjan was standing there with relieved sigh on face. Vasanthy hugged him and cried her eyes out on his shoulders. She told the whole story in one long stretch without taking time to breath. Then she turned back to show the car where the rude man was lying and the 2nd gun man was standing. But now it was not the scene she was expecting to see. The gun man was holding the water bottle and the rude man is now sitting drinking water from a glass. Then the gunman patted him on his back, and made him to rest on his back. Within few minutes there appeared an ambulance, 2 men then helped the rude man to get into it. Then the ambulance which was written POLICE on the sides left the place. Vasanthy is all confused now.

2 hours later, Vasanthy and Niranjan were sitting in the police station. Ms. Julie was enquiring the both.

Niranjan: Sorry mam, it was all just a mistake.
    Julie: Just a mistake? Your wife wasted our time lying that she witnessed a murder and almost blinded one of our police man.
    Niranjan: She saw a man falling from the stairs and heard gun shot.
    Julie: The hotel manager was supposed to meet us for an enquiry but he keep on cancelling on us. We sent our 2 policemen undercover looking for him but he tried to escape and jumped from the 2nd floor. The police just threatened him by shooting on the floor.I understood whoever sees it might get little scared. But why should she hurt the police who was trying to help her?
    Niranjan: Why should he come to our room? She thought he is the murderer.
    Julie: Didnt she call 911? Whenever we get call thru 911, its forwarded to the police man who is nearest to the spot, to ensure prompt response.

Vasanthy now realised that when she called 911 she actually talked to the policeman who she thought was the gunman.

Niranjan: Its all a confusion mam. We are very sorry for what happened.
    Julie: We wanted to handle the case as secret as possible, but I didnt expect this much drama.. Fine.. As long as nothing happens to our policeman you are safe. You may go now, but before that give your full contact details at the desk.
    Niranjan: Thank you mam. I am sure nothing will happen to him. Its just a spice used for cooking.

<**The End**>

2. ILoveTulips

Hope you all liked the ending. My first comment was from my husband and he said the ending actually didnt spice it up the story. But this is the ending I thought.

Feel free how you liked it. If you have any alternate endings in your mind, kindly share. I would love to know your views.

Thank you all for reading...

ILoveTulips

3. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

I liked the ending and good story ILoveTulips

But one thing I thought was that the police should apologize to Vasanthy rather than blame her for harming their man. The policemen are undercover and they are in fact shooting though on the floor. Any one could get confused.

Good attempt.Keep it coming.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

hahahahahaha good one!! but the ending seemed abrupt maa...however you have good narration skills...keep blogging...

5. ILoveTulips

Hi Jaishvats,

Thank you for your comments...
    I thought of having as like you said. Then I thought, people who has power, even they know the mistake is on them, they try to not show it, if the opponent seems to be scared of them. Good examples are government officers when we go to them for getting their signature, or immigration officers who check our passports and visa on first entry to their country... :)

ILoveTulips

6. ILoveTulips

Happy you liked it...
    Oh you think so??? I thought I am dragging it too much and bit worrried that it might bore the readers... So I shortened... Else, I might added even more chasing and searching.... :)
    Anyway from the next blogs I try to add some more practical incidents....
    Thank you for your appreciation Srividhya...

ILoveTulips

7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

I thought it will be some drama, or some kind of drill at the end.:)

good one

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

I thought it will be some drama, or some kind of drill at the end.:)

good one

9. ILoveTulips

I tried my best not to end it as a drama... thanks for ur comments...

ILoveTulips