1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Knitting Made Easier Lessons

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by Meenamohan, Feb 4, 2010.

1. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Dikshisma - knitting needles are available in India. Knitting looms - the rectangle and the round knitting looms are not available. Hence please do pick these from the walmart stores near by. If you are going to be in Chennai - you can pick up other accessories/yarns from raja stores - t-nagar. hope this is useful to you. Happy Knitting

2. dikshisma

dikshisma New IL'ite

hi dear thankyou very much for your kind reply however i wanted to know about the knitting machines the one which are computerised or punchcard one not the usual one. i am in dubai now n **** find it here and back in india i stay in Ranchi Jharkhand the place become quite cold in winter and i wished to do some super fast knitting for my child when i go there in October this year anyways thanks for your help.

3. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

nice work.....is it sweater procedure?

4. swapnam

swapnam Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing.Good for beginners like me

5. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I have a rather stupid question to ask.. I am planning to make baby booties following this pattern Ravelry: Boot Style Red and White Baby Booties pattern by Christy Hills

The pattern calls for US#4 (3.5 mm) knitting needle... I have 5 of US #3 (3.25 mm) & 2 of US #8 (5 mm) needles..
    I know it would affect the size of the finished project.. but I am fine with it, since its my first attempt.. I am just doing it for trial.. will make another one after I finish this one..
    I started knitting with #3 needles.. but the issue is the needles are only 7 inches long.. I could cast on 43 sts.. but after a few rows.. due to M1s in the pattern, the sts count increases to 59 sts.. and my needles are too small to hold it... thats why its getting very difficult to continue on..
    How should I overcome this problem?? Is getting longer needles the only way out?? I was wondering.. would that mean I will have to buy new needles for every project.. since most of them have specific sizes..

I also wanted to know, how to use the Gauge mentioned in the pattern.. suppose I dont have the correct needle size and yarn mentioned .... Is there some math to match with the gauge on my yarn??

1 person likes this.