Kitchen tips for newly married and settled abroad

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Dec 13, 2006.

1. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

thanks:), but wats this biological washg powder, is it the regular one which we use at home:confused: ?...n talc -method - is quiet interesting.. no matter which ever i try i need 2 put these at nite times and wipe it off during day time....'coz the ant hole is in the kitchen.....when ever i cook ,my daughter too will b there, playing with her dolls / with the small cups n bowls......n when she gets bugged up with allthese.....she sits near the ant hole - tryg 2 collect those mud ....2 throw them in the waste -bin:bang.....n she yells at me .....when i pull fm there....

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Achu,

thanks for your mail. There is another one.

You know 'சோம்பு' Fennel seeds? Take 1 tea sp of that put itin a frying pan with a drop of ghee. fry well. Add 1 cup water and allow it to boil. Let it become 1/2 cup. Remove from the stove. Filter it and add 'palm sugar' or pam jaggery பனம் கல்கண்டு / பனை வெல்லம் . Ask her to drink. This will be so tasty and very good to reduce our body heat and it will cure the cold.

If she is having 'மார்ச்சளி' apply vicks and put her a thick dress. Or boil water in a vessel and put one or two sp vicks in that and both of you cover youreself with a blanket and inheal the vaporub. That is the best one she will have a good sleep after that. Try. All the best.

3. krishnaamma

4. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

thanks sumathi....i'l surely try this --ur idea for making her inhale the vicks is good, definetly i'l make her do it ....
    but panai vellam ,engae kedaikum???? i think i shd ask s/b , who comes from india...2 get 'm! thanks again:wave

5. krishnaamma

Hi achu,

No problem. If you dont get that add sugar and give her. It will do.:thumbsup

6. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Dear Krishnaamma,

I read this thread today.Hats off to you.
    Although I dont fall in the newly wed category, I liked all the tips given by you.
    I am sure a lot of I´lites would benefit a lot from this thread. I liked your tips regarding keeping pests away. I find your tips very practical, and they will be useful for the working ladies too.

I admire your work greatly.

Regards,

Yamuna.

7. krishnaamma

Hi Yamuna,

thank you for your complements. :-D Also go through my index and many other threads.:tongue I think you will like them.

8. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

dear krishamma,
    thank you for ur tips. i am reminded of my mother giving me most of these kitchen tips, which enable me to work fast in the kitchen and also manage with a small baby without any trouble. Good to have you as a guide.
    also would like to add a tip:-
    Before buying the dry grocery for the month, check the containers to see which are getting empty. Fill them up before making out the list so you will know which item is getting exhausted. Clean the containers before refilling.
    I was working throughout my pregnancy and managed without any hassles being alone, cooking cleaning and doing everything. Happy that we have good mothers, like u, to have trained us well.

9. krishnaamma

Hi Priya,

I am very very happy to see your mail. We are here to help you only. I want to ask you one thing. Your tip is very good shall I include this also in the 'tips' dear?

And sombody asked me in another thread how to manage child,(she is pregnant) office and kitchen. If you try to share your experience that will help so many people. Can you start one thread for that? Think.:)

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Krishnamma,

Your tips are really good. I did rearrange my fridge and I can see the good utilization of fridge now :clap
    I tried storing capsicum, carrots in freezer, they went soggy.. I kept them as it is...
    On the other hand, lemons I stored and they were fresh.
    Is something wrong in the way I put them?