1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Blunders

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jun 15, 2007.

1. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

oh dear...wat a pity....

when i first came here...i was surprised that they did not use powder milk,instead it was carton milk.
    so when i mixed milo,i had forgotten to add the milk first.
    imagine that!
    i couldnt add the milk then because the cup was already to the brim with milo....

*sigh*

i'll never forget that incident....plus...i couldnt drink the milo without milk...so i had to pour it away....what a waste....

regards

2. sania

sania New IL'ite

hi sriniketan
    d recippe is very simple...i thnk u wan choc pudding recipe..
    take 2tbsp cocoa pwd,
    100gms drinking choc if u don get increase d amount of
    cocoapwd,
    1/2 cup milk,
    1/4 cup water n
    1tbsp heaped cornflour..mix al d ingredients together n heat it thickens...let it cool...nw take krackjack or digestive biscuits dip each biscuit n arrange in a dish in layers...on other side take fresh cream n whip it with icing or crushed sugar...whip til its quite thick...n pour this on choc biscuit layer...cover the whole bicuits with d cream....n decorate with cherries n chocolte flakes or choc pieces...
    for the cream
    200gms cream
    sugar according to ur sweetness:2thumbsup:

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the recipe Sania, I am going to try it soon.
    Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  4. sania

sania New IL'ite

hi sriniketan...
    wch is dat dish in dat picture....it looks yummy n very tempting....plssss let me knw..:)

5. Sriniketan

It is the fruit salad arrangement by my daughters.
    It has whole peach, peach slices, banana slices, grapes and whipping cream arranged as such.
    Sriniketan

6. sania

sania New IL'ite

hi sriniketan....vow it doesnt look like just fruits n cream...dat looks gr888888888..........:2thumbsup:

7. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

This incident happened soon after my wedding. I came to US to his place in just 3 weeks after the wedding. I had to prepare sweets so thought vermicelli kheer would be the easiest. I noticed that the milk i had was 2% fat milk, no way in comparison to the rich fresh milk we get in India.
    I started my recipe in the evening, while adding milk I felt it was too watery, so thought of boiling it a little more than usual to get a nice thick consistency. The kheer was boiling and when I was satified with the thickness I swtiched it off and left it. When we sat for dinner, I opened the lid to kheer was now 'cake'. I couldnt serve that:-o. So I tried to hide it. But my hubby noticed that I had prepared something else but was not serving it. He opened it, had to smeel it to figure out what it was. He smiled at me and went ahead and added some water to make it eatable. :mrgreen:

8. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

hi friends

when reading the first few posts i thought to myself that i had never done any blunders in kitchen. ACtually i was never so good as to do any blunders that would be outstanding Drowning
    But there i remember when i first prepared dal. My mom instrcuted me to add 3 teasppons of salt to it and keep it on boil. The dal looked good and tha tadka was fantastic. My dad was the first to have his dinner. and he very quietly had his 3 chapatis plus the whole bowl of dal. I was proud :)
    NOw it was my younger bro's turn. The moment he put one morcel in his mouth - he yelled out loud "itni kadvi dal" - meaning, the dal tastes bitter. I thn realised i had out 3 tablespoons of salt to it.

9. Sriniketan

Krithika,
    It so happens yaar., today also I made the vermicilli kheer, thinking of this post and as a caution., added more milk, before-hand...:)

Thanks for sharing your experience...

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

charu,
    This 'blunder' happens a lot of times..

One day, my daughter was angry. With that mood she added salt to her yogurt rice which was unproportional..Big Laugh. Then her anger went away thinking of her silly act..

Your incident reminded me of one such thing during my early days in cooking..
    I made the tiffin 'upma' without any Uppu (salt)..and father was the victim of this saltless tiffin...poor father...

sriniketan