1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kiss in public and get famous!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rvnachar, Jun 1, 2007.

1. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

KISS IN PUBLIC AND EARN FAME

Hugs and kisses are causing a lot of controversies these days! I always imagine what would be the state had human beings also lived like animals- in the most natural way! We would not have so many issues and controversies. Each of us would have satisfied our hunger for food and sex as per nature’s dictum and lived peacefully. Now, because we thought we had to civilize ourselves with the help of that sixth sense that God has endowed us with, all the problems started. I often wonder whether God intentionally gifted us this sixth sense, just to ensure that we would drive the earth to its end, as all good things have to come to an end after all!

There are so many paradoxes around us. Sleek models starve themselves, shred clothes and work hard to please our eyes, getting paid thousands of rupees. The poor starve, remain half/fully naked and live in thatched huts, even after working hard, as they cannot afford decent lives with their meager earnings. Thousands of people around us have sex in the open, as they cannot afford shelters. They spend their nights on the footpaths, on the beach and in the parks. But we will make a hue and cry when some actor kisses some actress in a public function! There are hundreds of temples in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> with beautiful sculpture covering all aspects of life, including sexuality. We admire them. Many of the sculptures show Gods and Godesses naked/half nude. We admire them. But we cannot tolerate some artist painting naked
    Godesses. How does that affect our lives? God is what the word means to me. God is most personal and I will not let anyone even know who or what my God is. Then why bother about some third person’s painting? He can still do what he pleases inside his mind. Do we have a control?

It is funny and strange to find people coming out in the open against each other on the pretext of sexual harassment, after having led combined lives with the consent of each other. And the press goes gaga with such sensational news, when hundreds of women face sexual harassment in their homes/offices/work sites, hundreds of women and children are being raped by maniacs and hundreds of women are even being burnt alive for various reasons. Who cares for these people? Small news items appear in a corner, for a few of these cases. Many go unrecorded.

People have the time to go to courts against models and actors who display their assets proudly for hefty payments. Unless there are people who want to watch these models and actors, why would they exhibit their assets? And when they are exhibiting their bodies at their own pleasure and risks, why bother? We should know and teach our children what to watch and what not to. That will do. Why waste our time trying to change things, which will never change? We have hundreds of other problems to attack. Let us concentrate on them.

If people are buying newspapers and magazines for the sexy pictures in them rather than the contents, then why blame the newspapers and magazines and the models who help them?

Sudha Narasimhachar

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sudha,
    This was a well written article.My opinion/view is also the same as yours.It is utter waste of time to watch or read about these things.I think these media people want to make a sensation of such things and improve their viewership.
    And again there are a sect of fanatics who would be waiting for an opportunity to proctect their so called religion and Gods. I wonder if they ever know the meaning of these words. You have forgotten to add the woes of writers who too face Fatwahs for their writings. The governments go hand in glove with them to ban the books which the protecters of our religion and culture find offending.The same thing with movies too. These fanatics , by their acts attract more readers/viewers to the very thing which they oppose.May be if they had not started on such holy crusades, they (the books and movies) would have gone unnoticed! I wonder if they want publicity for themselves or whether they have a deal with the writers/movie makers to publicise for some pecuniary gain?

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I agree with both of your posts. It is the publicity that makes the issue, which has to be ignored, more powerful. It is like" making a mountain out of a mole". Under the name of society"s protectors, some people take up small issues to keep up their name and status alive, which might reeling down lately. when small incidents happen like this,they grab the opportunity and use it according to their own interests. They use the human psychology-- that if you are restrained or controlled in doing certain things you will have more urge to know about. I think they know the human psychology and use it for their own good.
    If everybody realises this, slowly and steadily we can make a difference,like the proverb-small drops together make a huge flood. i think i can also add to it "that slow and steady wins the race".
    Sriniketan

4. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

dear rvnachar,
    i couldnt agree with u more...most of my sentiments are reflected in your write-up.. Trivial issues are sensationalised, religious issues are politicised and real issues that actually require column inches and deserve primetime viewing are shoved away into a corner..