1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chanchitra, Apr 10, 2022.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

No. Aren't women expected to prioritize the husband and his family after marriage. Since this is your family now.

2. chanchitra

I do work. But I have not spent anything without my husband's knowledge.
    I am not sure he would let me support my FOO.
    Thankfully they are self sufficient

3. chanchitra

True. I will keep this in mind.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@chanchitra,

I agree with you completely. Unless there is a full-commitment to raise children, the couple should not venture into building a family. The children are priority without which none of us would be where we are today. Whether we like it or not, a lot is linked with finances of the family. If one is spending more money on luxury of the parents or siblings, passively, one is compromising the future of the children. As a matter of fact, the grandparents are compromising the quality of life of their grandchildren to a large extend. Adult children should show their gratitude to the parents only through love and meeting their needs, as necessary. When the parents live with the adult children, the sitaution is different. Both set of parents of adult children should be given the same amount of care needed and treating one above the other is immoral. Frankly, the parents shouldn't be spending their time, effort and money on the children with the anticipation that they would eventually get benefited. This will only lead to disappointment. At the same time, the adult children indifferent attitude to the parents would only allow them to emulate the same attitude when they grow up.

I don't agree with the concept that the parenting is different in west vs east. They may have different methods of parenting. Both have advantages and disadvantages. But in both cultures, the children are the priority and there is no second thought about it. Even in western culture where divorce is higher, one can notice how responsible most parents are, even if they had to take care of their children alone. Givng up raising children (in the west) happens only when the parents have some sort of addictions or when their family values get eroded by the influence of bad company.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    chanchitra likes this.
  5. chanchitra

Yes. Very correct sir. So well explained
    Kids are the most important in any culture. One should not bring a kid in this world unless they are fully ready to raise them.

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

lol. this fully ready to raise kd is a overused statement. no offence to you anyway.

15 years back my dh and me had a dd. dd had cold. DH said make Kashyam with pepper and lemon for a 2 week old :BangHead:. Today she updates him first with everything school, health and personal issues before me too as he has been so involved in her life .

no one is fully ready, but one must be committed

Amica likes this.
  7. chanchitra

Yes. What I meant was committed to the kid.

lavani likes this.