1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids with Over IQ - Behavioural Issues

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Priya_Mommy, Jun 28, 2010.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Priya, what more can I say than what mommies who have been through this recently have written here. Oh yes, I have something to say. Do try to look at it from the child's point of view. He is trying to understand a world all new to him. He needs to know who is in control, ie his parents to a large extent. You need to be there/or an adult needs to be there to interpret the world for him.
    Why dont try this. Ask your son "what does he think it is?" or why does he think x/y/z thing is happening. I will assure you that will take the conversation into areas that he is not yet charted and make learning a fun thing for him.
    It is also alright to tell him that you are busy or you are having a conversation with your parents/friends/relatives and you will be with him directly. And then go to him to answer his questions or whatever it is that you want to do. That will help him learn how to wait his turn.
    It is a beautiful thing the child is doing, turning to his parents, to people he trusts to get them to relate to the vast world. Try to channel it rather than worry at this point. He is a normal, curious young boy.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Yes Ladies,
    Now I am a bit releaved on this. I started looking at a different angle rather than pressing panic button. Whoelse will be naughty like this otherthan Kids? Even Cherry's mischief is also day by day reducing.
    Lets see how he turns it out.

3. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Priya,

I could understand your situation. My SIL had almost the same problem with her son (now he is 5 years old but when he was 3 years, she started facing this issue). He keep on asking the same question repeatedly to us for everything. Sometimes my SIL and my MIL get irritated more. Later I taught him drawing, coloring and now he is little changed and diverted from the usual talk.

Try to teach something and keep him occupied with that. See if that helps.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  4. aparnareplies

aparnareplies New IL'ite

Hi Priya

I have a 2.3 yrs old daughter and she is no different from ur son. She asks me the question enna idhu? (whats this) for almost everything. And she will not stop with a single question. If I tell her that we are going to shop first she will ask which shop, then what are you going to buy there, then will you take me also. If I say that dad is going to office she will ask which office, where is it , then how does he go. I will answer as car. Her immediate question will be by which car.

She will also not allow myself & my husband to talk anything leaving her. She will somehow divert our attention towards her. I used to get irritated in the beginning but now got used to it.

If she repeats the same question again I will tell her "I told you yesterday. Think and tell me".

If that doesnt work out I will divert her to her favourite things like I will play your fruit rhymes CD or I will give your white board and marker.
    She will settle with that for sometime forgetting the question.

Sometimes I will will divert her by asking some other question back to her. Like what happened when we went out to play yesterday. She will start narrating it happily in her own language :).

THis is the age where kids are curios to know about everything that happen around them. We shouldnt try to change them. We have to learn to divert them if it crosses limit. This is my opinion.

Just try if any of the above things workout.

Cheers!
    Aparna

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Aparna,
    Nice we are sailing on the same boat. Yes, I have been doing the same. Lets see how he behaves this weekend. Diverting is one good technique which every toddler mother has to learn.