1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Kids undergarments

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by smart_soul, Jun 11, 2011.

1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,

What is the alternative to chemise/slip (for girls), Baniyans (for boys) here. I haven't seen anyone mention about it or haven't seen anything like that in the stores. I know some big kids, say in their teens, wear a T-shirt inside a shirt. But back in India we have baniyans with sleeves/no sleeves etc., right? Is there anything as comparable to these undergarments here in the US...

I know quite a dumb question.. but had been wondering about this for quite sometime now..:bonk

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

You do get such inner garments for both boys and girls even in US. For banians, it is called A-shirt. It is found in the same section where we find undergarments.
    Im not sure for how old kids you are asking. Do check out in walmart or target.

3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

As far as I know, they say undershirt. Like some one had mentioned try in the socks section where they have sleeve/sleeveless undershirts for boys and for girls, use to buy sleeveless undershirts as my daughter is only 8 yrs.

4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

I found the sleeveless under shirts(like sleeveless baniyans of India) in socks section of any store like Walmart, JCPenny, Khols etc. but for the undershirts with sleeves the neck is not broad , so it will visible if wore under any T-shirt, thus I get them from India and keep the stock.

SK.