1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

kids-boredom-usa?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by nakkamanju, Feb 16, 2007.

1. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

hi frnds,
    i am not sure whether i shuld post this in parenting subforum or here .......but just wanted to know opinions /suggestions of parents who r residing in us of a.i heard frm many of my frnds saying that kids who r born n brought up in US tend to feel lonely frm time to time i never understood that till i became a parent.coming to my situation i am in usa frm past 5 yrs and i have a 16months old daughter as my husband is a consultant we had to move frequently .....for example i conceived in pittsburgh my 1nd n 2 nd trimester was in pittsburgh,than i gave birth to my daughter in atlanta when she was 6months we moved frm atlanta to LA and when she was 10months we moved frm LA to NJ .....by the time i settle down n try to make any frnds i end up moving frm that place its been 5 months that i am in nj and till now i havent made any frnds tried in nj forum too but not many responses.

coming to my baby...she is really getting bored/lonely (i feel same too)as she doesnt have a chance to meet with kids of her age and play.every weekend i try to take her to mall so that she can play in the playarea located in tha mall .she feels so happy when she is around kids ....i try to entertain her throughout the day but i dont know how to solve this ...infact i am planning to join her in gymboree .....but i am really feeling sad ...when ever she sees kids on tv she claps and feels happy......did any of the parents faced this if so how did u solve it.....:cry:

any valuble advice will be appreciated ..

tia

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi Manju,

Being in US, let me share my experience. Whatever you told is very true. Either you should have a big group of folks or friends, otherwise, so boring particularly, if you are in the cold country, that is it. All 9 months is a terrible time for them as well as us too.

Once they start going to school, will find out friends to fix playdate once in a week that too for the kids. Until then, you can take her to library(find out friends there or they can play with the other kids without making noise), Barnes & nobles story timing & other activities, gymboree as you said are quite enough for them.

From yr neighborhood, find out kids in yr child's age group. It all depends how good the neighbors are mingling.

Cheer up.

sindmani likes this.
  3. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Hi Manju,

You are absolutely correct..kids love being around with kids. My daughter who is 18months...enjoys being around with kids....also they learn a lot quicker if they are around kids. Why don't you try sending your kid to a daycare? I am sure she will love going there. Also as Ami suggested, take her to local library for story time etc where she will be around kids.

-Sihi

4. sumaya

sumaya New IL'ite

hi manju,
    u know i did feel the same abt my son...he is now 2 years old...n he used to be whole day at home n get bored.i used to feel bad for him coz he used get excited looking at other kids..in t.v.i mean there are others kids here but all are little bigger so they kind of dont want to mingle with smaller ones.then finally i have put him day care...jus to play for a while with other kids..he goes there for 3 hours n comes back for lunch.n i will be so happy looking at him that he did play with other kids.now i dont have so much of guilty feeling that he is whole day in.i hope even u can do the same....n even u will get some time for urself...(but u might miss her..too)
    take care
    sumaya