1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kids and their resemblences...............

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Gooseberry, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

My daughters aged 11 and 7 do not look like they are sisters...........this is what people say. They have no similarity in looks. And neither one of them resembles dad or mom fully too. May be couple of features here and there match with either one of us.
    The only similar physical trait is both of them are on the taller side like their dad.

Do your kids resemble each other?? Please share your side too.

Gooseberry

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i have 2 sons aged 5 & 2 years.they don't resemble each other in any way looks,nature ,behaviour.
    in a way i am glad .but its only when people make comparision that this one is more handsome(intelligent or any other quality for that matter) that i feel it would have been better if they resembled each other.
    i guess because i hate comparision & hate when people compare them in their presence........well,i am trying to learn some reply to make the one on low scale of comparsion feel better .any suggestions
    pragati

3. anushakini

anushakini New IL'ite

Hi Gooseberry,

I have a cousin who has 2 sons and from no angle do they resemble each other. The elder is fair and looks like mom whereas the younger one is dark like his father. So no one on this earth can imagine that they are siblings unless you see them with their parents.
    But I feel that as long as they love and respect each other the non resemblance should not make a difference.

regards,
    Anusha
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

sindmani likes this.