1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Kidney Failure - Advise needed

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Classy, May 2, 2007.

1. Classy

Classy New IL'ite

Hello ILs,

My brother aged 36 years was diagnosed with renal failure - 95% of both his kidneys are damaged and he is waiting for a transplant and is going thru dialysis 3 times a week now. He also has a donor aged 28 years ready. But unfortunately he lives in Chennai and the rules surrounding kidney transplants are not favorable there. They have tried to apply to the council and they got rejected and people are saying that if in family it is ok now but outsiders may not be able to do anything until few more months. The dialysis is getting more troublesome as he has water retention issues and breathing problems and had to go to ICU few times. Any of you aware of any place or hospital in India that can let the transplant happen with a outside donor? At this time we want this to happen anywhere the sooner possible and money is not a issue.
    Also do any of you know if salt substitute that is available in US or in India can be used for the diet to follow for kidney patients? My brother resists a lot on the strict diet and that too without salt. Any of you know recipes that would help patients like this on diet? If you know , please let me know the recipes , I am travelling to India for 10 days in last week of May to visit him.

Thanks a lot.

2. Alton

Alton New IL'ite

Yeah it is a very panic situation and we can save ourselves from the kidney failures with the maximum use of water.Water purifies the kidneys and make the urine system better.so we should take the 24 glass of water in a day.

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi classy, hope the transplant went on well and your brother doing good now.

The stem of the plaintain tree is believed to be very good
    Body should be given sufficient quantity of water (never let it get dehyderated)
    Barley is also believed to be good