1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping things safely

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 5, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soldier

Thanks to you I got the topic from you to write today in snippets. You had mentioned in A-Z that you went searching for something.

From childhood I was very good in preserving everything properly. My almirah's used to be always kept properly and anything can be found easily. When I used to go to my sister's house after her marriage I used to help her in keeping her Almirah in proper order.

When I got married the first thing my sis in law told me is you should take the responsility to see that everything is kept in proper place.
    Nothing should be missing. So I used to take proper care of everything and see that nothing is misplaced.

But of late I keep everything properly but sometimes some things I would have kept in a safe place but cant find out which safe place I kept. My younger daughter says mom however I try to keep my dresses properly in order , after two days again they are in disorder. Poor girl she togoes to work , she has house work and then have to look after the baby also , so she does not get time to look after herself and her things.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

dont know why but i feel I am visiting your blog after a LONG time :)
    oh i too am very good at taking care of my posessions but of late have become very absent minded :biglaugh i keep it soooo safely that i quite forget where i have kept it in the first place.:bonk

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji
    Its a good habit to keep everything in its place, a habit to be cultivated from childhood. Its such a bother and waste of time to keep looking for misplaced things.
    I just remembered a wisecrack: " Lost things are always found in the last place you look for them:)"

But funnily, some people keep their desk and cupboards in total disarray and can still find what they want. In fact, if the place is tidied up, it becomes very difficult for the person to cope with it !

4. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vijima,

Above thing is so funny..Seriously...Which safe place?? :bonk:bonk

Hehe!!

5. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji maa
    Thats a quality I always observe with a mind for worshipping the person.:bowdown
    I am also like your daughter arrange all stuffs in order,but after one week again the condition is same.:bonk:bonk
    Thanks for sharing

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

Thanks for the first fb. You feel like that because you give fbs to each and eveyone and give encouragement to everyone. So nice of you.
    So you too sail in the same boat

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi

You are right . My husband does not like if I keep the things in his shelf properly. If I tidy it up he will say just because you tidied it I am not able to find my thing.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenu

So you and my daughter sail in the same boat.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna

I dont remember the safe place so keep searching

love
    viji

10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji

You come up with some nice posts every other day. I cannot keep wondering and cannot stop appreciating you for writing on some trivial issues, but which are very very important though in day to day life, which we otherwise dont bother about.

Your post reminds me of something what I did. Last time when we went to India for one month vacation, I locked my stell almirah and kept the key in a 'safe place'. After our return, I just could not remember or recollect which was the 'safe place' where I kept the key. I checked in every possible and probable places and could not find. But I need to take some things out, so I had to break open the door:spin and fix it later on. I found the keys may be after a year or so, in a place which I could not even imagine that I kept in that (i.e. inside a box of ball pens kept in another cup-board!!!!) It has happened for our India Mobile sim card also.

We think there are too many things and too many 'safe places' and we tend to forget which was that 'safe place' we kept that particular item........:idea

Kind Regards
    Shanti

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010