1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping the spark alive

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jollyshilpy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

How about frequent fights and make up xxx? It works for us pretty good... and it's very sparky! :)

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

SP, :rotflFirst things first. Try to keep your mouth shut while DW drives the car. :biglaugh

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Double edged sword, Sarma! :biglaugh

4. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

As in you get it off both ways!:)

or as Laloo says buy one get one free!!!

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nah, doesnt work that well for us. Maybe we dont know how to after a fight, it ends up as 'sulking' time! So far we havent found the trick, teach me O'Lord Sarma! :)

OMG! Do I need to shut up while she drives for all of this 'spark' :drowning

6. sarma

sarma Senior IL'ite

Ok, now that you asked me:

• get rid of that king/queen bed and get a twin bed
    • only one pillow :)
      • could be used as a signal that you are ready to deal
    • create incentives to make up
      • winner (who took the intiative to give in) does not cook for a day/2days/week
        • I know that's a sexist rule, my wife doesn't complain
      • winner (who gave in) gets whatever they want in make up or shortly after...
      • be selfish enough to give more... (does that make sense?)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Twin bed and one pillow, what if she throws me out to the living room? :)

Just kidding, nice list! Thanks.

8. Xeria

Xeria New IL'ite

what makes sexual life-a enjoyable moment from somany yrs of marriage

Hey friends

i am starting this new thread so that we can share our new ideas to make sexual life as enjoyable as those initials days of marriage.
    Hope this will help a lot for many of us who are depressed like me in this busy life style.
    i was so depressed as DH is busy nowadays no time to concentrate on other things...we do Sex but just for name sake-no enjoyment.i started feeling lonely...if we take a break and go for outting ....i think this is not a permanently solution....we need to think a permanently solution which we can arrange in our daily routine with out putting extra efforts....like it should become a part of our routine.

so yesterday i tried an idea ....it really worked.....so thought let me share with you all....i dressed up like how we get ready for a first night...it was surprise of my DH....when he came home he was surprised and so happy to see me ........believe me yesterday evening was tooo goood...like both of us felt like we hv gone back to our initial days of marriage after somany yrs

then i thought we should try like these type of changes(new things) in our routine ( atleast once in a mon) which creates such envirnoment which is really required in these busy lifestyle nowadays.

In these modern world ..running behind the competition....both wife and husband are becoming so busy that there personal life is getting affected...they are forgetting to make love. hope this thread will help us to realize the cream of our lives.

we need to try new things as the ages passes otherwise it become so boring

eager to hear from all of u

cheers
    Sindhu

Moderator : To everyone who is going to write here.
    Please make sure, the limits of decency is not crossed and the words used are much withing forum rules. Any embarrassing line ( remember, we have members from all age group here ) or too vulgar / explicit comments found, will be immediately removed and a warning to the member sent out. While IL encourages discussions with open mind, let us all abide to its rules and not cross the lines of decency. Let us not go overboard with words / ideas etc in the name of " open discussions " . Thanks.

OP,
    While I havent thought, seriously, about deleting your thread, let me make this clear to you that discussing ones bedroom life may not be " comfortable OR fun " to everyone. So, please do not,
    I-repeat do not urge members to come out too frank. Discuss within limits and rules and talking about
    " positions / ways " are explicit and are not required, are they ??? Knowing about what others do, is none of ones business unless it is just no where personal.
    IL doesnt encourage such things. THere maybe many forums to ' openly discuss ' them. THis is not the place. Hope you understand and stick to a genuine and neat discussion. Anything untoward and your thread will be deleted. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  9. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Re: what makes sexual life-a enjoyable moment from somany yrs of marriage

Sindhu, good thread.

Do not know why such issues are treated as "taboo" in our land which has seen great texts in all the four areas of life - Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksha. The Ramayana would classify as a great Dharma text, the Artha Shastra by Chanakya as a great Artha text, The Gita as a great Moksha text and the Kama Sutra as a great Kama text! Yet under the influence of Victorian values, we associate shame with our feelings.

Another simple way to enhance the relationship is a warm oil massage. It increases the emotional intimacy and relivens the relationships. Geetha

10. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Re: what makes sexual life-a enjoyable moment from somany yrs of marriage

Interesting topic...I'd really like to hear more ideas friends. My sex live at the moment is ZERO even though there is good 'friendship' between me and DH (we didnt have any major fights or arguments in the recent times)... there is no drive from my side..and he is perhaps not wanting to force me... I read somewhere that lack of sex drive is a psychological prob...may be I should see a doc...