1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Keep everyone guessing!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I am going to recommend the word 'Viji' to be added as a synonym for Consistency in Thesaurus!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks my dear Anna but I had to see the meaning of Thesaurus in the Dictionary

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Syamala
    Consistency is not something that needs to be totally abhorred.I am merely saying how boring it is. Variety is the spice of life. There should be variety in our actions and reactions too. If a person comes and tells me that he had his dinner at Accord Metropolitan last night, I pump his hands vigorously and appreciate his discerning sense of taste. Next time if he comes with a similar piece of information, I'll tell him what he eats and where he eats is no concern of mine and he should refrain from loading me with such trivia in future. That's the kind of inconsistency I am recommending.

Even in daily chores, a little bit of inconsistency helps. If my wife serves me drumstick sambar and potato curry day after day for the whole of September, I am sure to tear my shirt and start laughing hysterically around the tenth day of the month! I fully agree with you that human brain is the most inconsistent thing. Because of its inconsistency, all parts of my body, out of the sheer necessity of having to follow their leader, have become inconsistent too. Take my stomach for example. It will receive a pocket of banana chips most cordially and help it get absorbed in my system with utmost respect. Next time, it will rebel against the same stuff and throw it out through the nearest door!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your very kind words of appreciation for my ramblings.
    Sri

sindmani likes this.