Karadayan Nonbu on 14/15 March 2011

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by shantisubra, Mar 13, 2011.

1. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies

As per the drig gaNita pancAngam, the sun enters the sign of Pisces between 4.25 and 4.40 AM on the 15th March, 2011 (i.e., the month MAsi ends and Panguni starts during this time, the night of 14th and early morning of the 15th, when the charadu is to be worn). Those who are very particular of wearing charadu during the meeting point of these months need to wear during this period by just preparing two "vella adai" for 'nivEdhanam' and leaving the mass preparation of both adais for the later part of the day. Palaharams on the 14th morning and night since for us the day means sun rise to sunrise unlike the English timings.

As per other vadhyar it is to be between IST 8pm and 930pm on monday 14th March as it is tob observed just before panguni the timings of the ushering of Panguni month is said to be around 330am of 15/3/2011.

God bless all ladies a Very Happy Karadayan Nonbu to celebrate all years to come.....

Best Regards
    Shanti

2. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shanti for detailed info. I am in a dilemma whether do the pooja in early morning or in previous night. Our family vadhiyar is very particulcar about timing and he suggest to do after 3 o'clock in morning.

But friends and my relatives are suggesting to do it in the night. I am confused.:bonk

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti

Thanks for the information. Today my sister in law's husband had called and he was saying they are celebrating Karadayan Nonbu today.

But in Bombay as far I have heard all are celebrating on Monday, 14th between 8 to 9 pm.

Happy Karadayan Nonbu to everyone and may God bless everyone with good health

Deerga Sumangali bhava to all the ladies

4. gayabala06

gayabala06 Senior IL'ite

thanks shanthi...for the very useful information. happy karadayan nombu

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

6. Harikarthik

Harikarthik New IL'ite

Thanks pa. U have mentioned the nombu is between 8 to 9.30 pm IST. That means can we do between 6.30 to 8.00 pm?