Kannada Ratna no more

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by rosy, Apr 12, 2006.

1. rosy

rosy New IL'ite

Dear Karnataka friends,
    Our Natasarvabhouma is no more.
    by rosy

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

yes the kalaavida has gone....

his soul had so many different roles to play before his life time role came to an end....sunkan

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hello,

I heard the news just now on tv...i did not realise that u were talking about Dr. Rajkumar.....what a personality!and what a great life he had lead!

4. Leo

Leo New IL'ite

it is sad

Hi,

It is really sad. Rajkumar was a great actor and has done real good movies. May his soul rest in peace.

Leo

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Pity..

Yes, I called India this morning and was surprised when my b i l answered the phone at home at that time of the day. He then said that Dr Rajkumar passed away and everyone had to shut shop and get home as quickly as possible fearing some unrest and violence on the streets. Isn't that a pity? Why does our 'janta' behave this way even when showing their respect to their loved figure? It beats me and makes me doubly sad.

L, Kamla

6. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Is he the famous actor kidnapped by Veerapan?

Hi Friends,

Is this actor Rajkumar, the famous Kannada actor who was kidnapped by the terrorist Veerappan during the year 2000?

Rathi

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yes

Hi Rathi,

It is the same Rajkumar. He passed away this morning at the age of 77, according to the news.

L, Kamla

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Very sad indeed

It is very sad indeed, the demise of the great actor and great human being. He ws a very pious man and strict disciplinarian. He lived a life sans gossips and controversies. It is indeed a sad occasion.
    But the people behave as if he had died an unnatural death. Everybody who is born, is going to die one day. And Dr.Rajkumar hd lived a full life, complete with health, wealth, fame and what not. People should learn to be silent and quite while mourning great people. Even when MGR died, shops were looted and ransacked. Even the opposition party was treated badly as if they had caused his death.
    Rajiv Gandhi's assasination was different, he was young with children and he was murdered cold bloodedly. I wish we realised how much damage we are causing to so many people by behaving like this.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

9. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Rajkumar led a full life

Everybody has to die someday; Rajkumar was lucky to go like that-no pain, tormenting disease; And what a glorious career,spanning many decades! People should realise that and bid him farewell. Instead, unsavoury elements are letting lose distructive elements.

Rajkumar acted the heroe's part in my first film-that is, film based on my novel 'Barele innu Y amune ?' Ye, the novel is about dacoits. I had the chance of meeting him in person during shooting.He did impress me by his cultured manners, and dedication. Just now a prominent magazine of our Kannada called 'SUDHA', rang me up and did a small phone--interview. It may appear on saturday. He had even sent me special handwritten invitation for his son' birthday.

May his soul rest in peace!
    Nuggehalli Pankaja
    The name of the film-'Sepoy Ramu' thus, I am also nicknamed as 'Sepoy Ramu Pankaja. Alas, they changed the beautiful poetic title of my novel!l And hashed it,mashed it, cashed it!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2006
  10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

came to know malayamarutha is urs so thrilled

Dear pankaja madam,
    i think i have been a fan of urs for long with out knowing...when i saw this malayamarutha wondered who could had given such a wonderful story and the musical and lyrics were all grt.the article in times of india carried ur write up and ur picture..........my anantha koti namaskara to u....regards sunkan

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2006