1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kanna --Nee ennode uyirre ( U r my life my child)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parusabari, Mar 11, 2010.

1. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Ystday the phone rang in the evening at around 5.30. I was playing with my 2 girls. Picked the phone to realise it was hubby's cousin Vidya and she invited us to her place as her parents have come for a visit to this beautiful Dubai.

So we reached her place at 7.30. After Chitchat we had dinner and all set out for a walk.Her parents are old and mom is suffering from arthritis so barely able to walk. After a small lovely walk , we returned to the building and were talking in the Lounge space of the building and children were playing around- my 2 angels and vidya's only son Aaditya- 10 months who has started talking monosyllables and now running. Pathi and Thatha took rest on the sofa set in the lounge. We youngsters were talking everything from budget, to schooling etc keeping an eye on the children.

Suddenly the youngest in the group Aaditya pressed the Elevator button and the lift doors spread open inviting him inside. He just rushed into the lift and the doors were about to get closed that the old pathi suffering from Arthiritis sprang from her sofa and ran to the lift keeping herself in between the doors. We all ran towards the lift.Pathi surely had got hurt with the lift doors banging against her head but she pulled Aadi out and hugged him with tear fillled eyes .Vidya took the child and we attended to Pathi but she was asking if Aadi is ok. We all rushed home.

Many thts rushed thru mind.......if the lift had moved up in which floor would we have gone searching for him...............We wud have traced him no doubt but then too he been a small child of 10 months ...if had got hurt.

But the talk of the time was the ever loving pathi---who even did not care about the pain in her legs but had ran to just pull her grandson so that he could be safe.

Later she was cuddling him and kissing him, putting him to sleep and we heard her wispering....Kanna nee ennode uyirre....

Truly since we cannot see God, he has given everyfamily Gods in the form of Parents.
    Love Thy Parents.

Love,
    Parvathi.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Paru,
    Hats off to the patti who pulled the unsuspecting grandson out of the life!
    Nothing will come between a grandparent and the child she loves more than life itself! They are the finest blessing in a child's life for sure!

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Paru,

That was a great deed from Patti...you are right we cannot see God, hence these living saints are God to us and our kids. I wonder who would look after our kids other than these lovely angels.

Thanks a lot Paru for helping us to count our blessings.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paru

God only saved both of them. Patti is great not thinking of her own problem she saved her grandson. With children we have to be very careful because now a days they are very fast in everything.

love
    viji

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear paru,
    I was totally shaken , visualizing the event . Wow!!! God has given strength for the grand ma, . That is why she was able to do this difficult task without giving a second thought about her own ailment !!! Of course grand kids are " uyir" to grandparents.

Grandma's heart is a Patchwork of Love.Grandmothers and roses are much the same. Each are God's masterpieces with different names.
    with love
    pad

6. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    She is really a super paatti......
    I wish I had a paatti like this.........

7. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

Hai Paru,

Heart touched with the Paatti's love towards the grandson, made her to run behind him even with all the pain and suffereings. What you said is right, We can feel the goodness of God in our parents.

8. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear paru
    Its true God is with you.Otherwise it could have been great tension for you people.

9. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Paru

Thank God Patti saved her grandson. viji
    mami, sonna mathiri, we must be very careful &always keep an eye to the children..

10. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Paru
    Nice to read about the lovely patti. Yes , you are right pattis are always hands of love. :)