1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kamalji'sWeekend Musings- Oct part 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji's Weekend Musings - Oct 07 Part 2 ​

[​IMG]

1) IGIA " Gets" its Monkey - HT - Dt. 15/10/07 - page 4<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

After evading arrest for the last two weeks, the monkey , which had made IGI Airport's international Area its home keeping the entire airport administration on its toes, finally fell prey to traps on Saturday the 12th Oct.At 9.03 pm, the unsuspecting simian decided to pick up a banana that was lying in the airport area,not knowing that it was one of the hundreds of baits laid in and around the airport by rescue workers in the past two weeks.

The rescue workers are so impressed by the monkey that they have decided to keep it under observation for a few days to study its behaviour.

( Never monkey around, this is the motto.Never steal another's banana, or wife, ultimately nemisises will catch up with u.Just imagine the IGI Airport, how many complaints must have been lodged against this monkey by foreigners,and where the hell in the world can u see a monkey at an airport.They should have charged a premium at the airport just so that travellers have the opportunity to see a monkey in their midst.Imagine if the monkey had escaped to the aircraft, and sit next to u in the seat, and the plane was airborne, what would u do ?)

2) God Meant us to Eat Meat – Kamran Ansari – HT – 15/10/07 – page 9 – Inner Voice

Very well written.I am a meat eater, so I did like this article.But very well put by the author.He says all Herbivorous animals have flat teeth, good for veg diet,and all carnivorous have pointed teeth suitable to eat meat.But humans have both kinds of teeth, so we can eat veg and non veg.And he says even plants feel the pain, but their voices at 20 to 20000 Hertz, cant be heard by the human ears.Excellent one.But did not make wife read it(shes a veg), or the kitchen would be closed for me forever.

3) Pee Brained Teacher – HT – Oct 07

A teacher in California is in trouble for instructing a teen student to urinate in a bottle in class instead of the bathroom.
    (And we thought these things happen only in India)

4) Karva Chauth for Husbands – HT- 16/10/07 page 9 – Inner Voice

Roop Rani, the author says,wives also work these days, maybe harder than their husbands, and are not exactly financially dependent as of yore.So should not the husbands too keep a Fast on Karva Chauth for the well being of their wives.Wonderfully told, and I agree with it, wives are also equal in the relationships too,why should they only wish the husband a long life, cant the husbands too do so ?Read thje whole article if u get yr hands on the paper.

5) New York Woman finds python in Toilet – ET – 19/10/07 – page 1

Today’s Economic times had this snippet on the first page.Nadege Brunacci found a 7 foot python ibn her toilet.She was washing her hands in her bathroom before dawn when she glanced back and saw the slithering serpent peeking out from her toilet (playful fellow maybe),most of its body hidden in the pipes ( Shy fellow, maybe nude too).She slammed the lid shut,put a box on top of the toilet and began calling for help, which came from her landlord and firefighters.Plumbers has to tear apart the downstairs neighbour’s pipes to capture the snake.

( Can u imagine, the woman sitting on the pot, and then seeing the python ? ) Maybe the snake was playing Hide and Seek, and telling the woman “ Catch me if u can “)

6) IAS officer alleges torture by cop wife – TOI – 10/10/07 – page 11

Mumbai – Senior IAS officer Amitabh Joshi accused his wife of physical assault and torture.He claimed he and his mother were being beaten by his wife,and his complaints to the police bore no fruit, as she belonged to the police force.Joshi has been given police protection by the state.

( Imagine the plight of this man, what must his collegues must be saying to him.What a wimp of a guy)

7) Beggar pays 80,000 to free daughters – HT – 14/10/07 – page 7

Who said beggars cant be choosers.A beggar woman , whose two “Daughters” have been arrested for theft paid a release bond of 80,000 for them to walk out of a city court in Trivandrum.

The judge had initially asked for a lakh of rupees.The lady went and was back soon, saying to the judge to reduce, because she only had 80,000 with her.The judge agreed.

( Wellwe have rich beggars these days.Some of them here in Jaipur ask for dollors, not rupees,smart and savvy really.We have a lot to learn from them.)

8) Parents Move court,boot out squabbling couple – HT- 10/10/07 – page 6

An elderly Mumbai couple had to knock on the doors of a court to get their son and daughter in law evicted from their home,following domestic discord.

Additional Sesions Judge R B Malik passed an interim order in their favour.The house is in the name of the old woman.The son and the daughter in law had a turbulent marriage, and the son had filed for separation, but the wife fought back, and refused to go.so the old couple had no other alternative but to throw out the son too.

Hats off ,you parents,u have done what very few parent could have done, that is to throw out the son too.

Fallen Asleep , well I have many more stories to say, all of them real, but I know this is getting very long, so I will end here.

These are all from the news papers, and truth is stranger than fiction.Now u guys and gals know where I get my corny ideas for my silly blogs.HAHA.Sleep well, after reading this.Amen

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

Good one. interesting to know that truth is stranger than fiction. so now i know where you get your ideas for your blogs...will look forward to them...for matching...:tongue.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kamalji,

Good one. interesting to know that truth is stranger than fiction. so now i know where you get your ideas for your blogs...will look forward to them...for matching...:tongue.

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Kamalji,

1) Indian monkeys are an intelligent lot. I read of a Japanese tourist who filed a complaint with the police against a monkey that stole his belongings.

4) Karva Chauth by men - that's a good idea Kamalji. I would like to see men fasting and waiting to see the moon to break their fast.

5) A python in toilet - sounds scary. :shock:

7) Kamalji - with rupee appreciation, beggars will stop asking for $$. Beggar economics is getting pretty interesting. Times of India seems to be having one or the other story about beggars. Read this, Kamalji about a beggar paying insurance premium in Patna and we guys slogging all year round and not able to our premiums on time! :-(

Beggar pays Rs 36,000 premium-India-The Times of India

Here again is another article about a list of rich beggars in India:

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...&sectid=2&contentid=20070403022505921474673ed

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

Today a monkey killed a big politician of delhi.Attacked him on his terrace, and he fell down and broke his skull.

I find these bits of news tucked away somehwere in the newspapers.Thanks for likeing it and commenting.Regards.kamal

Nivedi,

Thanks for the links and the info.I will visit them today.sorry for the late reply was busy with guests.

IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE VIEWS. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE IB INDUS TO CHECK THE SERVER REGARDING VIEWS.THE VIEWS ARE SHOWING JUST ONE MORE THAN THE COMMENTS.

FOR EG IS THE VIEWS ARE 8, THE COMMENTS ARE 7.VERY STRANGE.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I dont know, where from you alone get these great news.... Great...

I enjoyed the python in the toilet and you comments... I saw on english movie, snakes in the plane... After seeing that for 15/20 minutes, I couldnt continue... I stopped it... There is a scene like this and the man dies because of the snake bite... After seeing that movie till date, i check the toilet properly before using it.....

There is a saying in tamil, snakes means even the militry will fear.... So where is poor vedha...

Regarding the beggers, that is a big racket and industry... No investment, no taxes nothing...

Luckily, they stopped just with kurva choth for men.... Is there anything else in the pipeline...

Domestic issues... Husband taken for ride... happens also in high profile... great...

Kamalji.... I normally, get these sort of funnynews only from Shan... Now you have started a special thread... Good... Keep it up, I enjoyed and expect to see lot more...

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

thanks for liking my stories.Its a hobby i have developed, and i dont like the run of the mill stories.so my eyes keep searching.HAHA.

Will give u more.Today had a few in the papers.Regards.kamal

if u want to read the worlds best news regarding this go to this site, u will lvoe it

www.annanova.com

even times of india and all take from this, and even mention this iste by name.Good luck.Regards.kamal