1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kaleidoscope!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,
    Nice one. Started with a simple Kaleidiscope which we all enjoyed in our childhood and ended with a great philosophy of life. Yes, in a Kaleidoscope we can change patterns as knot2share said and enjoy it. But in life we have to channelise the patterns life sets for us and make use the best of them.....introspection, improve on one self and go ahead and make life beautiful. We plan in a way but many times they do not correlate the way they happen. Accept the changes of pattern and make an attempt to make them beautiful instead of sulking.
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @SurekhaP for your nice feedback. Happy to receive a first from you. And I request you to address me just as 'rgs'.

It takes some time, a bit of courage and a lot more patience to analyze self than others which we most willingly like to do. Past is history, we hear. Yes. But therein lies a treasure that is going to last for a long future too, if only we seek the right thing. With our vision narrowed, we could see a lot of things that we might not have earlier. Right? So there lies the first important lesson - Focus!

Life is all about surprises, shocks and reminiscences, I feel at times.
    What we do is often a result of our own mental makeup, which we can understand more if we introspect. Thanks again. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  3. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

In every moment of life we experience different emotions under varied circumstances(good/bad) in the presence of old/new associates exposing one to a varied set of thought process (feel) just like the colors and pattern changes in a kaleidoscope. A thoughtful comparison .....

Great snippet Rgs...

1 person likes this.
  4. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing your thoughts RGS .liked your comparison of life and changing events to that of images in a kaleidoscope ,Unknowingly both of us have written in a retrospective view but yet the two snippets are so different ,this again is the beauty of each ones perspective and style of putting it across.
    Life takes us through so many paths sometimes we walk the same street again but each time we perceive it differently it is hence a function of our mood ,maturity etc.

1 person likes this.
  5. rgsrinivasan

Dear Viswa,

Thanks for another nice feedback and for nominating this post too. Did you observe one thing? We kind of analyze things that happened in the past and associate kaleidoscope more for that, may be because we used it in childhood. But it can also be used for the present and future too if we could spot the trends that are emerging. Observing ourselves is the most difficult thing to do and even looking back takes some courage, as we don't subject ourselves to it at all. But if only we do, yes, we may identify some patterns and traits and decide better.

The night sky with all the stars and the moon is a wonderful kaleidoscope to watch with minute changes every minute [or, is it just perceived?]. Beyond a point, I suddenly realized that though I am an infinitesimal part of the universe, not even worthy of a mention, I too am! This gave a jolt and thats why I mentioned that we look for trees missing the whole forest.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful thoughts. Sometimes introspection gives us these rarest pearls worth the effort. -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Dear Jayasala Madam,

A great and bettering response, I should say and of course, its lovely too, covering various things starting from a childhood experience to analyzing patterns, which is a delightful study. Life can always throw many a surprise and most of the times we try diving many a fathom in different direction to come to wrong conclusions initially and as we mature, choose to resign to the fact that we cannot be on top of it.

Very few don't give up and reach much higher because they know and understand much about themselves, their own positives and limitations and keep pushing the bar, challenging themselves. Of course, they get the right help and support in time, but thats because they tried in the first place.

At some point, we see ourselves as a part of the same universe and realize that we are not just mere ones. Yes, we are no different.

Its an honour to be nominated by you. Thanks very much for that. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Viji madam again for your kindness. As I see it now, I am more happy to receive many a feedback after quite sometime. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

Sorry SurekhaP, I couldn't get you. Can you explain please? Appreciate your attempt to write a note to correct something that you wrote earlier. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akanksha1982, for your appreciation and feedback. -rgs

10. rgsrinivasan

Hey K2S,

Very happy to receive a feedback from you. And should add that its lovely too, where you just gave a small capsule of the entire information, leading to more introspection of course. I did find a new kaleidoscope and paid 8 times that initial amount, but was, I should add, disappointed not to see much patterns emerging from it. Fine, some of us feel that we have a mundane life, not having any improvement at all in a whole lifespan, but conveniently neglect the fact that we are the ones to start changing it to the way we want. Oops! There I go again! -rgs