1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kalam, tuje salaam- tribute to A.P.J.Abdul Kalam on his birth day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by suby, Oct 16, 2010.

1. suby

suby Silver IL'ite

Kalam, tuje salaam

Can there be a better day to remember one of the greatest scientists of our generation, the former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, than the day of Saraswati Puja? The great scientist had just celebrated his birthday on 15th October in Alapuzha at the State Guest House, amidst few close friends and the security staff, quietly, far away from the lime light. Mr Kalam said, “ I am entering my 80th orbit”.

My pen does not seek to write about this great man, this great scientist, this great leader and this great human being, to hog encomiums for me, this blog writer. What can one write on whom so much have been written? To use the word for myself “ fan of Mr Kalam” or “ admirer” do not befit the status of his personage. Mr Kalam is beyond ordinary words of description. The God has been kind to bless us with such great men like Mahatma Gandhi and Kalam. I still remember the day he took office as the President. When the media flocked and asked to express his reaction, he spoke in Tamil “yedhu, yedhu nadandadho nandrahave nadandhu, yedhu yedhu nadakkiradho nandrahave nadakkiradhu, yedhu yedhu nadakka pohiradho, nandrahave nedakkum” and then translated the same into English as “ whatever has happened has happened for good, whatever is happening is happening for good and whatever is going to happen, will happen for good”. How self effacing and humble he was?

And when he completed his term as the President of India, did not we all want him to continue? If, we the people had our say, he would have continued as our President. See the combination- President Kalam and Prime Minister- Manmohan Singh, a great combination of intellect, integrity and grace.

Kalam does not forget his humble upbringing, his friends, his colleagues, his Gurus, and his staff. If one reads his autobiography, one is touched by his heart that throbs for India, it reminds me of the Great Swami Vivekananda whose each and each every word carried the pains of hunger of his fellow Indians. Not his great launches nor even his missiles. For this humble scientist, the greatest moment was the usage of the technology for the Agni heat shield to make light weight callipers for physically challenged people.

Let the Almighty bless Mr Kalam with longer life and make see his vision fructify.

Kalam, tuje Salaam. Kalam Sir, we can not assure that we will be able to fulfil your dreams hundred percent as we, Indians have to evolve and mature in many spheres to attain the dizzy heights you dream of, but we can certainly assure that we will make our endeavours and make you feel proud.

-- suby

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A lovely tribute to our Kalam sir.

Akila

3. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Nice writing loaded with reverence and tribute to the Great Leader. I have a personal experience of meeting him in our Lab in early day of my career. He, as a practice, came to our Lab during one of our important activities. That was the time just befire he became the Scientific Advisor to Rakshamantri. My bosses introduced me to him. Such a noble person he is, eagerly asked me about my education and interests and blessed me!!! I cherish those moments.

My wishes and regards to the Great Leader

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Nice writing loaded with reverence and tribute to the Great Leader. I have a personal experience of meeting him in our Lab in early day of my career. He, as a practice, came to our Lab during one of our important activities. That was the time just befire he became the Scientific Advisor to Rakshamantri. My bosses introduced me to him. Such a noble person he is, eagerly asked me about my education and interests and blessed me!!! I cherish those moments.

My wishes and regards to the Great Leader

5. suby

suby Silver IL'ite

Dear Akila,

Thanx for the nice comments.

-suby

6. suby

suby Silver IL'ite

Dear kAlyaniShAnti,

I really envy you, you are very lucky to have direct interaction with Abdul Kalam. My BIL was working in ISRO around 1992-93. He used to tell that ISRO's strength was the great leadership of Kalam.

By the way are you (or were) working in ISRO.

-suby