1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Justice delayed is Justice denied !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PreethiArun66, Jan 9, 2013.

1. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Nirbhaya ! For those who had already forgotten, its the same Delhi Rape Victim.

Post incident there were so much discussion on every media. Capital Punishment, Candle lighting here and there, Protests, Media discussing about her whereabouts still keeping her name private, once you turn on a channel its all about her.

After fighting back for few days, she had her last breath. NDTV was generous enough to call her 'India's daughter'. Again some hype. Facebook or Twitter we could see messages for her to RIP(Hell !! How will she ?? ). In fact there were even few photos of a beautiful girl claiming to be the victim and a chain of status later it was not her.

As time passes I am also getting tired of the news. Are the accused going to be punished or not? One of them is a juvenile and is given a separate treatment. How can he be considered a minor if he is involved in such a cheap activity? Now there is another twist. Two of the accused may turn as witness. Why? Why? Why? They never stopped from what was happening. In between a leader says "she should have recited the 'Saraswathi Pooja' and called those f****** brothers ,when she was being assaulted". WTF ??

Whatever, I can just write about the incident like many others and share my views ;the least I can do.

I am helpless.​

Nirbhaya you yourself have to come as a ghost(if those are to be believed) and kill those bastards. Else few years down the lane your case will be flashed on some news channel(no no.. they are only concerned about the so called TRP rating) once in a blue moon like Suryanelli case or any other similar episodes.

As for others either girl baby or kid or teenager or un(married) women in whatever dress code be careful. Safety is in our hands.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Preetiarun all you written are facts. Media, Society, all of us will forget and move on our daily lives. And the system takes its own sweet (sour) time.

Yep, Even i too read that two of them want be witnesses / approvers.. but what the police said even then their punishment would not be less and they will be treated same as the other too. But what enraged me is the fact that these idiots are trying to play with the loop holes of the law and they might have thought that turning into witnesses will save them from punishment.

Regarding those, godman's comments.. Better those stupid suggestions are not talked about. I feel humiliated to hear those words.

3. suby

suby Silver IL'ite

Dear Preethi,

I am also getting sick as 24X7 you don't get any other news. Finally what is the outcome? The punshiment should be given fast and it should be chemical castration. The problem is that they will not bring such laws as the biggest criminals would be politicians.It is a chauvinist soceity - even the so called God men are chauvinists.

Nagavallis and Chandramukhis can be found only in films and not in real life.

Apt post.

-suby

4. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

5. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

hi preethi,

I feel everyone should change from within to make this world a better place to live in. The thinking towards women should change.... there are many women who get assaulted everyday and that which never comes to light, well whether it comes to light or not, the wrong doers must be punished immediately without much delay.

6. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for all your comments. Will just hope for a better tomorrow by bringing up better sons and daughters without any differences..