1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Justice delayed is Justice Denied

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anjali10, Feb 11, 2011.

1. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

Chandrachud was lazily browsing through the social networking sites and wrote some scraps and posts. He moved on to drool over the latest car releases of the year, checkout the best deals on mobiles. He sent some lewd email jokes and forwards to whole team.
    He was twiddling with his finger nails as he waited for his colleagues to come in. It was ten 'o' clock in morning , so he went to canteen to see last night's cricket highlights.
    The aroma of sambar made him try dosa. He glanced over the watch, he spent a good half an hour at the place, so he jogged back to his desk.

She was there, her deodarant was doing its job. He pinged her through internal messenger saying "Hi. GM". Neha replied back "GM". He felt happy. Slowly the cubicle was full. A team meeting was announced and everybody gathered in the huddle room. It was small room with a 10 member team with new joinees adding up every week. He chose a place opposite to her. He watched her lips move as she spoke, laughed and expressed. He stared at her, she knew all the while but she did not look straight.

Nethra joined the team last week. Chandrachud was looking forward to talk to her. He found a time in a knowledge transfer session. He asked her from where she was from, previous company, experience. He relaized that she was senior resource. He liked her, in lunch time, he decided to ask her caste. He was astounded to find that she belonged to his community. He wanted to ask her whether she was married or not. He took her orkut id and read through all 500 scraps to figure out whether she was married. The next day, as she arrived he confronted her disbelievingly that she was married for very long. He said he would have proposed to her had she been unmarried. She promptly replied back saying she would have refused.
    Still, he wanted to know about her, he asked her who was her idol - durga maata, indira gandhi, jhansi rani, queen elizabeth. She said he would know in course of time. Meanwhile, she met Neha in train compartment, she asked her "Do you know Chandra stares at you very badly " ?. She knew it.
    "Manager is a friend of his. So I dont think its gonna make a difference even if i bring it to his notice" said Neha. Nethra just completed Sexual harrassment awareness training as a new employee and was very keen that this should be put an end to.

Nethra - "Why dont we take it up with HR ?"
    Neha - "They are powerless, infact she herself is new, she does not want to create enemies"
    Nethra - "Why dont we take it up with HR's boss ?"

Chandrachud was oogling at his usual victim, when Nethra could not bear it anymore.
    Nethra - "Why do you stare at poor thing?"
    Chandrachud - "She is such a beauty. Do you know one thing ? She enjoys my adulation. Thats why she has not complained or glared at me"
    Nethra muttered "So this is what they think of when we tolerate such behaviour"
    Chandrachud - "Do you know she has a boy friend, who is studying and does not have a job yet. She is waiting to get married once he gets a job"
    Nethra - "So knowing this what are you expecting from her?"
    Chandrachud - "Definitely I cannot get married to her, she is not a Brahmin"
    Chandrachud - "She is loose character, so I am having nice time with her. That's all."
    Each sentence was like a missile.

Nethra confided the above conversation with Neha who was really enraged and went ahead and complained the matter to her manager and HR. The manager had a mutual pact with Chandrachud that he would behave for a month and neha would be happy with the dramatic change and matter would subside. In the lunch time, Chandra bent his head down and gobbled his food. However, he found another beauty to rest his eyes on and when she wore a saree, he made some lascivious remarks. Jayanti joined the team a few days after Nethra, so she discussed the matter with Nethra, who updated her the current happening. Another mail went to manager and HR about the new occurrence with clear details of remarks and its meaning in local language. Now the matter was out of control and it has been escalated to Asia Pacific harrassment cell. The Indian head office Bangalore was alerted, all the girls in the department were getting calls from the HR on their mobiles after work hours.
    Every girl had a story/incident to tell about his salacious moves. Manager wanted to save his a**. So he blasted Chandrachud about his behaviour, inspite of repeated warnings.

Chandrachud wrote an email to HR with a cc to managers' manager, about how the manager was harrassing the team members, all the manager's attempts to sabotage the project. Manager
    s secrets were out in the open now. Manager was preapring his resume, he knew that he would be shown the exit. Chandrachud was having a hearty laugh, as the issue got diverted completely.

It was going good till next manager arrived, who quickly set reasonable deadlines, assigned measurable work to Chandrachud. He had a poor appraisal rating of 2. He had been given a 2 month time to perform or see the door. Chandrachud knew his golden time has come to an end, he searched for a job in infosys and submitted his resignation.

By the time all the ladies were briefed about him and his behaviour through grapevine circles. The news had come so late that nobody rejoiced. Chandrachud still had that idiotic grin on the last day too.

2. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

Going by your justice
    the poor ladies did not get justice at all
    not even delayed justice
    on the contrary, Chandrachud enjoyed his time
    and landed a job at Infosys, which is a rewardable career

i wonder what will happen to the
    poor ladies of Infosys :)

warm regards
    suresh

3. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

Yes Suresh...I agree with you...We keep wondering ...Infosys has more employees and more ladies and he will nicer time there.

4. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

That is so sad..

I which Neha or jayanti took courage and slapped him once at least. Well, it can't work out practically he being boss and all..
    what to do? these things do happen..

5. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

Both Chandrachud and his boss should have been slapped.