1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

June 12th - World Day Against Child Labour

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by manchitra, Jun 11, 2009.

1. songbird3

songbird3 New IL'ite

All problems in our country are rooted in poverty and ignorance. No parent thinks twice before having a child, the desire to have a male child is so strong that even three or four girl children do not discourage them to have a go at one more. No country can support so many poor children if the parents do not take their share of responsibility in raising them as responsible citizens. Enforcement of any law is impossible in a country of vast ignorant population ( corrupt too?). God! I sound so pessimistic.

An education which is vocational and maybe earn while you learn type may help matters a little. Apart from this, I do not see things improving in future.

2. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Our mammoth population is the biggest problem dear song bird3. More children means more hands to work that is how the poverty stricken families think. While working ,like you said if they can be empowered things will become easy for this underprivileged.

3. SeethaHari

SeethaHari New IL'ite

Dear Manchitra,

CONGRATULATIONS.
    This topic is one dear to my heart. I feel totally annoyed when I see kids working in garages, hotels, bakeries.
    I literally fight for such kids education within my scope.
    One such story of child labour- I wrote in my blog Apoorva - Shiva Shakthi.
    There are many Shiva's who need a helping hand for better life.
    I appreciate your insight into the subject and my heartfelt wishes for bringing such topics to the fore.
    Hope atleast some of the housewife's who engage young children liberate them from their clutches.

Congrats again,
    Seetha

4. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Hi Seetha Hari
    Nice you appreciated my post and kudos to you for fighting for such kids education. I shall certainly read your blog . I salute you my dear. Only handful of people are doing this great work for the underprivileged.

5. rmalathi

rmalathi Senior IL'ite

Hi Manchitra,
    Congrats! on winning the Finest Blog for June 2009.

I totally agree that with a population the size of our country, the Govt. does have a mammoth task ahead of them to tackle issues of child labour and increasing literacy and that every little help they can get from citizens would improve the living conditions of such children.

6. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Hello Malathi
    what you say is very true. Every one should work together to alleviate the problems of these under privileged.thank you for the comment. The various schemes that are undertaken must be implemented.

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manchitra,
    Congrats....
    I totally agree with everything you have said.
    beautifully and insightfully written.

8. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

DEAR CHITRA,
    THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL BLOG. THAT WAS AN EYE OPENING BLOG. YOU DID A WONDERFUL JOB. CONGRATS...
    ANI

9. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Dear Akila and Ani
    thanks for taking time off and commenting on my blog. I feel happy.
    Thank you once again.
    manchitra

10. Sheebavinod

Sheebavinod Gold IL'ite

chitra,

Truly said, the hype created in the name of days such as you mentioned above helps no one infact. the hullabaloo created on that particular day ends with that day itself.

Even i have read so many articles where the plight of these children is very bad, but do they have achoice? who will come forward to help them? like the boy who told you- he has to appease the hunger of his family.

its really sad that even we are unable to help some of them. Ifwe could help one , then i guess we could enrich our lives.

Sheeba