JULY 2011 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by indusshailu, Nov 16, 2010.

1. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Kadambari,
    Nursery starts from age 3. So by june 2014 she turns 3. Also some schools start admission from Sep 2013 only.

Thanks for the schools you listed. But I am looking for medium type school and very high end. It may be difficult for us to afford for New horizon types.

CB and Vsharma,
    Manikutty started drinking by glass just after her first bday. Touchwood it was not very difficult for us as she enjoyed drinking by glass.

She learnt things earlier because of the fact I am also working and no pampering from grand parents. Nanny is only taking care of her. So she does as what I instruct. (hope so ;))

We started giving her water in glass. May be you should try that. They may quench thirst faster by glass and hence would start liking. They drink milk not just for thirst/hunger but also for comfort and hence they may feel content only by drinking by bottle as ur MIL says.

I wanted to start bottle for one main reason is I was worried if my nanny doesn't clean bottle and sterilise properly when I am out. Nanny also has no issue as she do not have the problem of cleaning bottles. We gave for a week or so completely on glass at home and when I carried bottle while travelling she forgot to drink from bottle nipple:). She is quite a quick learner and easily forgets also :). Even for weaning, I stopped feeding her for 1 week and immediately after that she had stomach upset. I thought of feeding again as she didn't have food. When I tried to feed her she made face and went off... heehee what an insult. I sent her to school when she was 21 months old for the same reason that let her be with other kids than spending a whole day with Nanny. Ofcourse nanny was happy as she get lot of time. She finishes all the house hold work when she is at school. After school she sleeps for atleast 2 hrs and evening I am back. This works very well for all of us - nanny is happy as she get to finish work early and free in second half full, I am happy as all household work is done properly and also manikutty as she has so many kids and new toys and stuff to play with. HSe enjoys dressing up and going out. So she get to go out daily.

2 people like this.
  2. rmynair

rmynair Bronze IL'ite

Hey
    I missed all these posts.Today thought of checkin and got surprised . Hope u all are fine.I have moved to Canada from Abudhabi.Havent thought abt a second one yet .But we sure will in few years time :)Mea is so handful right now.if pregnancy was easy i wud have had atleast 4 or 5 :p i loooove kids.
    Once in a while i take her to Early years .Its not a daycare.Parents should be present along with kids.Started taking her to indoor playgrounds since the snow started and hence we cant go to park n play.
    She takes milk from both bottle and sippy, whatever i give.I havent started working yet.Havent got flexible timings for the jobs i get.,hence just not taking up.
    I make some jewellery.Hard with mea around.But still manages to.Thats wat keeps me busy right now.
    LOve to all
    Rmy

3 people like this.
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rmy,

Good to see a post in our old thread. I saw lot of your creations on FB, lucky Mea getting al mom hand made accessories. Just enjoy the time with Mea if job is nt that important for you to take up.
    and heheheh even i have not planned for 2nd and i dont think so will plan also. Since am already dependent on MIl to take care of Vikash so cant think about 2nd.

Take care and love to Mea

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Wow girls, some posts after a long time. I missed it. Great to have you back ramya, Even i Saw all your creations on FB, they are very pretty. So whn are u planning to put mea to playschool?
    How abt you sheetal/?

1 person likes this.
  5. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Shruti is in Bangalore now with the kids and am planning to meet her up..
    I think she is the only 1 in our grp with a second one. how abt AVM .. she was also planning right?
    Even we dont have plans for second one. I wish to have one more but 2-3 yrs down the line.

1 person likes this.
  6. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chotabheem,

As of now no plans of putting in play school. Great you guys get to meet up, my love to All kids :) Kids are growing naughtier day by day, Vikash is currently unwell i think its due to weather change. He has been throwing up food daily atleast once since saturday, have to take him to doc