Join the club! Membership FREE !!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Dec 7, 2010.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

@Shari..
    Scottie loks so cute just like my Harley.. I love white/ cream labs with red or blue collars.. But I maust say Grizzly is a very well kept fellow he is soooo handsome.. love the chocolate brown labs they look amazingly majestic
    @Ishwarya
    congrats for getting Chico baba home.. he is a lil mischievous fellow I think..GSD are such a wonderful breed... so easy to train and very very loyal...
    hug to all doggies from me..
    K

2 people like this.
  2. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Hi! Yes, I am back from vacation :)
    Spirit is doing well, he has completed 12 weeks; I am hoping he will get out in a few days.. I tried to do short term fostering before vacation, but they fell through in the last minute.. so dogless, for now.. but hopefully not for too long :)

1 person likes this.
  3. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks deeps and kelly! :) Kelly, he is not just a lil mischievous, but very very naughty already. But he gets his way always by showing his puppy face every time I try to discipline him! :kiss

4. deepslikes

Duff, our new guest. He was found as a stray and is estimated to be around 5 years (Or maybe older, because he had such bad teeth and that many had to be removed).
    His main hobby is to whine until someone pets him :)

Duff.jpg

4 people like this.
  5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi deeps,
    Wonderful to hear from you as usual.
    What a dashing young man you have here! Adore those gorgeous waves and layers of fur that he is sporting.His long ears ( Spaniel trademark!) with that golden brown colour gives the impression of those blonde Hollywood movie stars of yesteryears...LOL.
    Intriguing habit of whining to get petted....must be so starved for loads of hugs and pats.But I'm sure no one can resist petting him and he must have been cuddled often.He just wants to make sure it continues I guess ! How did he become a stray I wonder ? How do folks desert such lovable ones ....I just can't figure out.Anyway you are there now as guardian angel.I think he is going to stay on for a long time and as always you'll have a sad parting of ways....but at least you can be happy to get him settled with a loving family.
    Is he of mixed lineage or maybe close to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breed ?

2 people like this.
  6. deepslikes

I too wonder about the strays. Lost and wandering dogs are usually reported to the local shelters and you would think that those are the first places that the owners check. But sometimes maybe they wander too far away and the owner doesn't check far away shelters. Or maybe the owners abandon them on purpose when they no longer want them because they don't want to face the questions at the shelter.

It does seem like Duff has other breeds in him, but hard for me to guess :) I am very weak in recognizing breeds...:)
    Another pic of him :)
    duff.jpg

2 people like this.
  7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Deeps
    I'm in LOVE... OOOH Give this fellow a BIIIIIIIG Hug and Belly RUb from me.. he is soooo cute.. and his eyes are so very very... I'm at loss of words!!!
    Kerman

1 person likes this.
  8. deepslikes

Lol, He just got a big hug on your behalf :)

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Tiny2982.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I am on the ramp, mom clapping, akka hooting for me... Are you girls also cheering for me....

1 person likes this.
  10. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

WOW ! Malsy, that was a superb click....so Tiny has entered the fashion scene ....very very HEP !

You better watch out for those girlie doggies coming over when you are out ...LOL
    TINY looks fab with that red headgear....is it an inspiration from any Bollywood mega star?