Jobs Available in KL?

Discussion in 'KualaLumpur' started by preethiitech, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

If I am not mistaken one of the criteria for a work permit is that the employee must draw $XXXX amount of salary per month, if it on need basis how is that possible.

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hey Preethi,
    Sounds like a super cool idea.....also u get the ease of time n can find full time jobs in the meantime.....gud way to gain experience....so worth a try I'd say .....All the very best :thumbsup

Sonu

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear Sonu,

Yeah, I also thought the same as u said.. But, now regarding this, the permit is not a problem because I will get fixed 10 working days salary for a month, as sumone said it is necessary 2 get the permit..

But, only what I mentioned earlier that the 10 days are not fixed in a month and it varies according to need..Just the timings differ...

I just hope it will be fine..

Thanks for ur wishes :)

Regards
    Preethi

4. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

I dont know what software you are proficient in. The email below is a recruiter based in Singapore, they also recruit in Malaysia. Contact them to see if they can help you

Anandhi @ shellinfotech . com or

Mabel @ shellinfotech . com

They use to have an office here, call and check it out

[​IMG] <TD class=head1 valign="middle">
    MALAYSIA

<TD colspan="2"> Shellinfotech Sdn Bhd
    #16-26, 1 Sentral, KL Sentral
    Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
    50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Main: +(603)-2092 9292
    Fax: +(603)-2092 9201
    Email: info@shellinfotech.com

5. preethiitech

Thanku..:)

I wil cal them and find out..

6. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

My 2 cents is all this training job is fine as a short term alternative to get a feel of the working culture in Malaysia. Firstly learn Malay, somehow people understand you and appreciate you better when you speak the local language. Also it makes yourself very marketable sine you are married to a Malaysian. Malay language is very simple and anyone can pick up. A home tutor and ask them to teach you or your hubby can do it or buy the malay std 1 books, start there. Next pick or get trained in the software that is hot right now. I was an academic b4 marrying my husband. Learnt SAP from him and now work as SAP FICO consultant. You can look at SAP, Oracle, COGNOS. SAP market is hot also gets a lot of demand anywhere in the world. Functional consultant is paid better but see if you like to be technical or functional. ABAP is also hot but pays less than functional SAP. Talk to the Shell Infotech people an ask them what is hot in Malaysia. Good luck

7. priyahayton

priyahayton New IL'ite

Hi preeti,

So sorry fr ths late reply, i was away since its singapore's national day.
    im not sure how i can send u email addressed of the companies.. not sure how u can send me your resume fr me to pass to thm.
    i would suggest u to browse EDS Malaysia OR Axon Solutions Malaysia.. get their contact number or email address and email thm your resume..
    contact their HR..these are companies which have hired more foreigners..most probably they would offer lower salary compared to locals.
    Try n see if they have vacancy.
    gd luck!

8. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

hi,

i came to Kl two months back... i have posted my resume on jobsdb, jobstreet etc bt not got ny response from their side.. i have worked with Thomas cook India, which is an MNC bt after marriage i shifted here.. presently m on DP...

can nyone help me how to apply for jobs here... i am into the travel field.. i look after the leisure travel.... dose all the companies keep u on contract basis out here??

It would really help if nyone could provide me the info..

Thanks

Chandni

9. preethiitech

Hi angel,

You are right in applying to Job portals! Also, you can watch out for job advertisement on newspapers. Especially the 'Star' newspapers on saturday have a lot of job offers!

Applying to positions advertised in the newspapers/ and also applying personally by mail/ contacting the HR of respective companies give you a far better response!

You can get a list of companies that you would like to join and try applying for them! Also, you can see if any job fairs are around!

All in All, the chance of a foreigner being recruited is less/ but it is definitely possible!! Keep trying and soon you will find it!

IT Companies in Cyberjaya hire more foreigners than the local companies.. The chance of a MNC hiring is higher! So, try them..

Hope the info was a bit useful. Keep posted here on your experiences..

10. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hello All...

This thread has been very helpful for me...

I came with my husband here on a workpermit. His contract is ending on 10th feb. We have been forwarding resumes to IT software companies bt there is no responce from nywhere.. I dont understand y is this happening... I must have send it to more than 100 companies bt no responce form nyone... we are very heartbroken.. not even a single call or nything.. coz jst in a month time we'll again have to go back to India and my husband dosent want to go...

I jst felt like sharing with you all...

god bless