Jobs Available in KL?

Discussion in 'KualaLumpur' started by preethiitech, Jul 7, 2010.

1. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hey Preethi,

My husband is hiring a lot of people thru talent 2 i think also dont know abt ur qualifications but they r hiring accounts background ppl for working in Bandar Utama office.

So u can try in one of the shared service offices, there are many here, try in companies liek accenture, wipro etc, go for MNC they r more liberal in hiring....All the very best for ur job search:thumbsup

sonu

2. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Hiya...

Great that you liked the idea!... so get set go and start applying. Even the company I work with, they appoint Indian guys in their team... but truly I myself do not like their work culture so do not want anyone to come in these trap. Hence till then apply all the places you can. I have few HR guys email id ...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  3. DancingDolphin

Hi Sonu,

Thanks for your information! Can you please share yours connecting details to pass on the resume?

Regards,

Maneka

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  4. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

Maneka,

You said you got a job within 2 months but I find that hard to believe. Since Preethi is asking you why dont you tell her the procedure you went thru to get it. As I know Immigration will ask you for an offer letter from the company and the paid up capital must be 250K or more and the visa is just for 1 year and renewed every year. Why dont you give her more info on the type of job you are doing etc since you have success story. The problem is many tell I got a job but when one needs more info on that they disappear so I question the validity of the story. Just like Priya she said she worked in a number of call centers but then never gave any thing more for Preethi to work on. You came in Dec 09 and started working Feb 09, that is just about one month and so fast for visa approval and etc, story does not add.

5. DancingDolphin

Hello,

Just wondering if a question or query in forum is asked to get the solution or help WITH FACTS and FIGURES?

Dear, we are here to help each other and motivate each other... by the end of the day we all here are EXPATS and do not have any immideate family members ... its such forums and certain times other ways we meet fellow indians and form a bond which we cherish. If we fellow expats only let the other down then what is it all about calling ourselves from same country? Forget about all that "comman" bond of being "Indian" ... I feel that if you cant' motivate and encourage other person then don't let the other person down. I equally understand that each of us have our own sweet bitter situation because of which we react ... but that lady - Preeti posed this question with lots of hope and aspiration to seek help n support... We should not be inhuman to let her hopes and spirit down.

C'mon dear... if you strive hard and have a strong determination in you then why not we can achieve our dreams. IF YOU DARE TO DREAM.... YOU DARE TO SAY "I CAN".

I am sorry for giving all this gyan ... but I myself was feeling very bad reading your response and dishearten her. Yes, it is true that in Malaysia it is difficult to get a job being an expat and specially an Indian expat ... but honey there are companies which hire indians and value indian brains. And moreover atlleast try with all your possibilites.

For your kind information, my work permit was not approved by Putrajaya, as everyone does not need to go to Putrajaya depending upon the company where he/she is joining. Like, an MDEC approved company, has to approch MDEC (based on Cyberjaya) for work permit which can be availed with it 3 WORKING DAYS (provided you have requisite docs).

Even if you go by private agents, there are those who can get DP-10 & DP-11 (pertaining to your statement of 250K RM) can get your work permit approved in 3 working days.

As a common practice companies hire and get the work permit done at their own cost. Furthermore, as you said RM 250K for work permit - FYI ... this is not an requirement for Malaysia based companies who come under Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) and Malaysia Development Corp (MDEC) status companies.

And yes, my company is a MSC status company and filed for my work permit. As for other information about how to get job etc... I have suggested ways to Preeti ... you may even go through my previous reply to her for the suggestion... might help you too.

Regards,

Maneka

6. DancingDolphin

I feel you are absolutely correct in your opinion...and please keep on motivating others with these kind of opinions.

Best of luck! :)

7. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Maneka,

Now applying for Indian companies mainly.. Thanku for ur support:bowdown

Have sent u a mail..plz check..

Regards
    Preethi

8. preethiitech

Hi Frenz,

Now, I wish this thread only brings in a healthy discussion.. and no controversies again..:hiya

I am trying to become an IT Trainer where my job is just to train the corporate people on the software or the subject they dont know in computers..

I have previous experience in this already and sumbody has said they give me a mock opportunity for a training class to me, then they decide based on my performance.. How gud is this offer? (Pour out ur suggestions dear frenz..)

Also, this will not be a permanent job or a tempoarry one.. It is on ''need-basis''.. ie)when they want training, they call me and I teach people and be back.. and I get paid based on sessions..

So, frenz, tell me what u think about this....

Regards
    Preethi

9. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

Being on a spouse visa, you cannot do any job without a work permit, even on part time it is an offence. Do you know even if your husband owns a roti canai stall and you are standing beside him helping him even that can be an offence. If there is a raid by immigration officers everyone will be in trouble simply because it is illegal. This is my 2 cents based on immi laws

10. preethiitech

I did nt say that I am gng 2 work wthout permit, the company is willing 2 take steps to get work permit for me, if I get along well wth the mock session..