Jobs Available in KL?

Discussion in 'KualaLumpur' started by preethiitech, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

I dont think anyone who replied to your post know the immigration laws in Malaysia. Companies in Malaysia are not well versed with the immigration laws and they are very afraid of getting involved with immigration. Also the work visa under spouse program is a yearly affair so chances are very slim to get a job and a work visa.

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sharon,

wt u say might be true.. I agree it is a bit difficult to find job here..

But I will not say that chances are zero..

Because I know people wth spouse visa working as Lecturers and Teachers in schools and colleges as well. Also few people who are working in the IT sector and Banking sector.. so, I really know that a foreigner spouse can find a job with some difficulty...

Regards
    Preethi

3. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

As far as I know Malaysian Universities and government schools in Malaysia do not employ foreigners. Those hired by Malaysian universities must have some credible experience in teaching. Malaysian government schools and universities hardly employs foreigners.

As those working in banks and private sectors, yes only if they enter Malaysia with work permits applied by the companies.

Once you are here it is very, very difficult to find a job. What special expertise that you have that cannot be found in a Malaysian, that is the question you have to ask your self.

4. preethiitech

hi sharon,

I never mentioned malaysian universities and government schools.. I am referring to private colleges and universities and international schools ..

And I want to tell you, that people have entered with spouse visa, apply for jobs here, attend interviews and then the company helps them to apply for permit as Priya has mentioned before.. They are not entering with work permit..

5. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

My suggestion dont waste time in KL, if you can maybe depending on the situation as your hubby to try to get a job in Johore Bahru and you apply to Singapore for job where they are open to Foreigners. Malaysians are friendly but when it comes to job there are very close minded or if you must stay in Malaysia, take up trainning is SAP software, that will definitely get u a job in Mal and Sing

6. Sharongpl

Sharongpl Senior IL'ite

I agree if u dont use ur education it is a waste, so dont waste time applying teacher job and all, plan a career with a goal in mind, so what is hot now is SAP. I dont like to sugar coat things. Contact Genovate, I think they have Sap training, not sure as this is based on more than 10 years back. Arm yourself with proper skills and I think u will be ok. My spelling is off as i am typin and brushing my fury kid's teeth at the same time and it is almost midnight in US

7. preethiitech

ok thanku.. We cannot relocate to Johor as u said.. Will try other possibilities..

8. preethiitech

hi priya,

cn u provide more proof 2 ur previous post? Like hw did u find a job in Malaysia etc.. Axon, Eds???

Please reply

9. DancingDolphin

DancingDolphin New IL'ite

Hi Preeti,

Welcome!

Please don’t get yourself dishearten with anybody's response. They might have gone through the similar situation of not been able to find a job as a foreigner and there by succumb and make a perception that foreigners do not get job in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:place></st1:country-region>!

I came to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:place></st1:country-region> in Dec'09 on dependent visa and started working from Feb'09. Now, I do not want to highlight that getting job here in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:place></st1:country-region> (as an Indian specially) is easy ... but it is difficult. This is because of various factors which I do not want to divulge here in a forum - lest to hurt anyone's sentiments.

I would suggest you to vigorously spread your resume to companies which have Indian alliances or MNC which are as well in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Please visit Consortium of Indian companies in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Malaysia</st1:country-region></st1:place>, Indian & MNC company’s website and put your resume. Chances are rare that their HR would look through their company website forum ... but the point is ... but all your efforts (I am did and doing the same). As well, personally visit companies and give your resume. A piece of advice - try to have word with Malaysian Indian Receptionist or HR.

I am quite happy to see you being positive and retaliate on any negative vibes coming near to you.

I am sure that you would get a well deserving job.

Best Luck and Cheers!

Maneka

10. preethiitech

Hi Dancing dolphin,

I am really happy to see ur response..:) I agree with u, finding a job is nt easy..
    But I still believe that I can.. I came here a month ago, and its too early that I feel bored wth it..:spin

I have applied in all sites like jobstreet,jenjobs etc.. and some schools and colleges... Thankyou for your idea of searching for Indian companies and applying for them..I am really grateful to you..:bowdown:idea

And I see u r in Bukit Jalil, so will u be able to join us in the ''Housewives/Ils in Kualalumpur - lets meet''. there are few responses there.. But still that would be a gud start to know people here..:cheers

Regards
    Preethi