job oppurtunities for woman in muscat

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Eshwari27, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Eshwari27

Eshwari27 New IL'ite

Hi
    I am new member of this forum.

My husband has got a offer in muscat, we are considering this offer.
    but...
    I am working in India in IT Security Channel sale with 8+yrs Exp. I am looking for a job in Oman. kindly let me know the possibilities and job oppurtunities for ladies in OMan. only issue i see is unlike dubai and Qatar i see here there is very very less job oppurtunities for ladies in OMan.

I hear from expats in dubai that job oppurtunity for female is very less and tough to get.

can i get a job in Oman after landing there.

looking forward for your replies and suggestion.

we are planning to move to Muscat.

Regards
    Eswari

2. Soumys

Soumys Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

IT field openings are not very good in Oman comparing to Dubai. And even if you get a job in software field, you may find the technologies used over here is pretty outdated comparing to that of India.. Also, the salaries in IT field may not be that good comparing to other fields in Oman.

If you are flexible enough and not much bothered about software career, then you would be able to get a job. Getting a working Visa for a female employee is difficult as well. If the PRO of the firm is good, then there is nothing to worry.

P.S: If you have contacts here, getting a job is much easier than searching through websites/newspapers.

All the best.

Soumya

1 person likes this.
  3. Eshwari27

Eshwari27 New IL'ite