Job for expat spouses

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by seemaravindran, Apr 13, 2014.

1. seemaravindran

seemaravindran New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your response on my earlier questions :)
    My husband will receive transport allowance of QR 2000 per month from his employer.
    I heard that petrol is very cheap in Qatar, so if we buy a car then can I assume that our monthly car expenses will be around 150-250 ?

secondly, I am a Chartered Accountant by profession with 10 years of work ex in Auditing/Finance. What is the approx. salary I should expect per month ?

Is it easy for expat spouses to get a job in Doha ?

Regards
    Seema

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Seema,

A litre of petrol here costs 1 QR. So, depending on how frequently you use your vehicle, you may need to spend on the fuel cost.

Getting a job is not that easy. Being a CA and with good experience, you should be able to get a good job. And, CA's are higly paid but I don't have an idea about the exact figures.

1 person likes this.
  3. seemaravindran

seemaravindran New IL'ite

Thanks Sharmila :)

My husband went to Doha last week for site interview, view doha city etc..
    His office is in Al Sadd.

Whether Al Muntazah, Al Nasr, Al Mirqab Al Jadeed, Fereej Bin Mahmoud, Wadi Al Sail, Najma, Musherib are good areas from Family prospective ?

Any other good family areas you will suggest near Al Sadd ?
    (within 15-20 mins reach, 7-8k pm budget)

Secondly, can I change jobs in Doha without NOC ?
    because I think that my visa will be sponsored by my husband & not by my employer.

Regards
    Seema Ravindran

4. MadhuSharmila

Seema,

Al Sadd itself is a good residential area but little costly. We stay in Al Nassr which is very close to Al Sadd & Al mirqab Al Jadeed. Musherib & Bin Mahmoud are also good residential areas. Najma is little far compared to these places. Wadi Al Sail is also far from Al Sadd compared to the other places.

I would suggest you to look in Al sadd, Al Nassr or Al Mirqab Al Jadeed. You can get a decent accommodation for 7 - 8K pm. Regency has got good apartments in Al Sadd. You could check for them too.

Yes, NOC is not required when you are under Husband sponspor.

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Seema , Sharmila has provided you with very good answers.CAs are paid very well.As far as I know an Indian personnel with more than 12 years exp gets around 30K-40K plus benefits in one the govt institutions here.

Sharmila, I think as you typed, Qatar govt has hiked the fuel price.if I am right it is 1.5 Qrs from now on.:drowning

6. MadhuSharmila

Oh... Is it??? From when, Bhuvana? Two days back when we filled our car, it was 1 QR (Super) and Premium was less than 1 QR.

Seema, Super and Premium are the grades of petrol here, based on the Octane rating.

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Sharmila , Not sure when they have hiked the price.

See the piece of news below.Looks like we can expect the raise in school transport fees very soon due to the price hike of diesel.(Or is the hike only for diesel???)

http://thepeninsulaqatar.com/news/qatar/282306/schools-hint-at-increasing-transport-fee

8. MadhuSharmila

Yes Bhuvana, as per the news, the hike is only for diesel.