Jnana Yoga - Part 1

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hasita,
    Some of it going above the head is bound to happen in vedanta ! But one fine day, it will all become clear ! We say in tamil "spurikkum" !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2 people like this.
  2. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Dear Chitramam,

I was just waiting for this subject Jnana Yoga. I feel that spirituality is a very unique subject which can be discussed only with people who are really interested.

I was busy with my work since morning and could'nt login(karmayoga). Please do keep posting more info. I have started reading all your posts in this forum. You really have no idea of the enormous task you have done.

I have heard and read in several books that eachone is born to fulfill a certain purpose in our lifetime. Those who realise this pupose and succeed in fulfilling this purpose attain Moksha. Please enlighten more on this.

Thankyou.
    regards latha.:)

3. Chitvish

Dear Latha,
    I am very happy to note that you have been waiting for this subject.
    Moksha ia a state of mind which is attained over several janmmas. One reaches a stage when neither sukham or dukham can affect her. It is the stage of liberation from worldly desires & worries.
    We will deal more with it, as we go deeper & deeper !
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    Please feel free to call me Chithra !:-D

4. lathanarasimhan

lathanarasimhan New IL'ite

Hi Chitramam,

So fast in replying! My daughter said she read about you in The Hindu article in which your age was mentioned. Hence this hesitation on my part to address you
    the way you want me to.

I was working with a direct selling company as a manager for five years.The practice was to address each other by name regardless of their age. There were a few elderly women and I some how could not call them by their name. I started
    attaching mami to their names and changed the practice. Everyone else followed me and started addressing people according to their age.

My intention is definitely not to make you feel old. Habits die hard ,you see.
    Freedom offcourse, I will take full freedom with you!

regards latha:-D

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

I had seen that you have posted on Jnana Yoga. But like Latha here has said, my Karmayoga is binding and I could not read it at once. Nevermind, I am fortunate that your words are recorded and will stay recorded forever in IL and I can reach them whenever I want:)
    Reading your write up on Jnana yoga sends a thrill through me, not because I at once understood the gist of it, only because I am now able to access words for which I have been waiting for since a long time. I admit that I can only guess at their meaning. For the full meaning to dawn upon me, I have to work on it and read and understand it more carefully. That is also my intention.
    Please do not keep thinking that the subject is dry and abstract. We all know that, but many of us want to go beyond it and be able to grasp the secrets of Vedanta and implement it in our lives to better our lot. You are helping us in doing that. How lucky are we? Thanks for donning this task of Guru, cannot be easy for you.
    Unfortunately for me, due to my teacher's and my binding karmayogas (!) , I am unable to attend the Gita classes anymore. I am more than sad! But there is a flutter of happiness in my heart at the thought of my own Chitvish and this thread of her's. God is too kind:)

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  6. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mam,
    I am sorry I missed this post somehow...What a wonderful definition. Please contribute more.

As one of our IL mentioned that she read about you in Hindu...Can you please post the details of what was published in the Hindu. I am more interested in reading about our wonderful Guru.

Love
    Birundha

7. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    Knowing that you are busy & that too very busy, it is an understatement if I say that I am glad you found time to send me a feed back.
    Just one thing, I want to share with you. Our life being very short ( all the more because we both are senior citizens as well), we cannot forever postone things which we enjoy & love to do. In tamil we say
    Samudira alai Onju snanam panninal pola !
    But, do take your time, Kamla. Do not call me a guru, I am just a channel or an instrument ! Only God knows & ofcourse I know my limitations.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Birundha,
    It is heart warming to get a nice F b from a youngster !
    I have sent you a P M for the latter part of your query !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Now, in the next part, we will learn more about knowledge from a Guru.
    And as far as I am concerned you are that GURU.
    Love,
    Malathi

10. Chitvish

Dear Malathy,
    With your feedback, you have embarssed me no end !
    Please do not keep me on a pedestal - I have a long way to go !
    I do what I think is right. I express myself, find my life and live it. More than anything else, I give love freely and expect nothing in return. I do not try to be accepted & I do not search for love. I want only to be me and am grateful for the gift of myself.
    Last but not the least, I do what I want to do because I want to do it !
    Thankyou, my dear Malathy.
    Love,
    Chithra.